- Volume 46 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Improvement of Fire-resistant and Flame-retardant Properties of Silicone Rubber Composites Containing Perlite
펄라이트를 첨가한 실리콘 고무 복합체의 내화 및 난연 특성 향상에 관한 연구
- Lee, Byung-Gab (Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Lee, Jong-Hyeok (Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Bang, Dae-Suk (Department of Polymer Science and Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Won, Jong-Pil (Department of Civil and Environmental System Engineering, Konkuk University) ;
- Jang, Il-Young (Department of Civil Engineering, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Park, Woo-Young (Dong-Nam E&C Co. Ltd.) ;
- Jhee, Kwang-Hwan (Department of Applied Chemistry, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- 이병갑 (금오공과대학교 고분자공학) ;
- 이종혁 (금오공과대학교 고분자공학) ;
- 방대석 (금오공과대학교 고분자공학) ;
- 원종필 (건국대학교 사회환경시스템공학) ;
- 장일영 (금오공과대학교 토목공학) ;
- 박우영 (동남이엔씨(주)) ;
- 지광환 (금오공과대학교 응용화학과)
- Received : 2011.05.18
- Accepted : 2011.06.24
- Published : 2011.06.30
In this study, silicone rubber filled with environmentally-friendly perlite was prepared by mechanical mixing in order to improve thermal properties, such as heat and fire resistances. We found that the properties of silicone rubber composites depended on perlite concentration by various characterization methods. Thermogravimetric analysis(TGA) indicated that the initial degradation temperature of silicone/perlite composite was higher than that of pristine silicone rubber. The gas torch test showed that the opposite side temperature of composite materials was remarkably low as compared to that of pristine silicone rubber. In addition, the composites containing 5 wt% and 10 wt% of perlite showed remarkable thermal stability at elevated temperatures according to the results of both fireproof furnace tests under the RABT condition and carbonization furnace tests. The images from a scanning electron microscope(SEM) showed the degree of dispersion of perlite in silicone rubber. Finally, it was confirmed that limited oxygen index(LOI) was increased with perlite concentration.
- 박해균, 이승복, 이명섭, 김재권, "쉴드터널 콘크리트 세그먼트의 내화특성 연구", 2003 대한토목학회 정기학술대회
- 송영호, 정국삼, "금속분말-난연제 함유 ABS의 난연 특성 평가", J. of Korean Institute of Fire Sci.& Eng., 21, 30 (2007).
- 윤창록, 이종혁, 방대석, 장일영, 원종필, 박우영, "무기계 난연계를 첨가한 실리콘 고분자 내화재료의 제조 및 특성분석", Elastomer and Composites, 45, 87 (2010).
- 유비호, 장봉준, 김정훈, 김우년, "PDMS막을 이용한 바이오 부탄올 분리정제와 투과증발 특성에 관한 연구", 한국막학회, 19, 157 (2009).
- 손복기, 황택성, 구동철, "폴리우레탄 복합체의 무기난연재료 충전에 의한 난연 특성" Polymer(Korea), 31, 404 (2007).
- 강길호, 최원종, 김진곤, 권경옥, 박상윤, 사공성호, 김해형, "ATH, Sb2O3 조성에 따른 복합재료의 난연특성" J. of Korean Institute of Fire Sci.& Eng., 16, 65 (2002).
- Siska Hamdani, Claire Longuet, Didier Perrin, Jose-Marie Lopez-cuesta, and Francois Ganachaud, "Flame retardancy of silicone- based materials", Polymer Degradation and Stability, 94, 465 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2008.11.019
- Antonietta Genovese and Robert A. Shanks, "Fire performance of poly(dimethyl siloxane) composites evaluated by cone calorimetry", Composites: Part A, 39, 398 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesa.2007.09.009
- 송영호, 정국삼, "Montmorillonite 첨가에 의한 Epoxy Resin의 난연성 개선", J. of Korean Institute of Fire Sci.& Eng., 22, 300 (2008).