- Volume 2 Issue 3
The Seoul Metropolitan Government is striving to minimize the amount of traffic according to the supply of apartment houses along with the solution of housing shortage for the low income people through high density development near the subway area. Therefore, a stronger policy is necessary to control the traffic of the passenger cars in a subway area for the successful high density development focusing on public transportation, and especially, the estimation of the demand of cars with high reliability is necessary to control the demand of parking such as the limited supply of parking lot. Accordingly, this study developed car ownership forecasting model using Look-up Table among category analyses which are easy to be applied and have high reliability. The estimation method using Look-up-Table is possible to be applied to both measurable and immeasurable types, easy to accumulate data, and features the flexible responding depending on the changes of conditions. This study established Look-up-Table model through the survey of geographical location, the scale of housing, the accessible distance to a subway station and to a bus station, the number of bus routes, and the number of car owned with data regarding 242 blocks in Seoul City as subjects.
Subway area;High density mixed use development;Parking demand management;Category analysis;Look-up table;Car-ownership Forecasting model
- The Korea Transport Institute (2005), Installation Standard of Parking Lot of National Rental Houses.
- Kim, T. G., Jang, I. S., Lee, Y. H. (2010), "Analysis of Effect of Introduction of New Traffic System within Large-Scaled Housing Development District, Land & Housing Laboratory", LHI Journal, 1(1): 113-124.
- Ministry of Government Legislation(2010), Law of Parking Lot.
- Ministry of Government Legislation(2010), Regulations on Standard of Housing etc.
- Ahn, J. G., Kim, Y.(2005), "Standard of Supplying Parking of National Rental Houses", Land Research , 47(0): 169-182.
- Choi, D. S., Kim, T. G.(2009), "Study on Estimation of Internal Flow-in Ratio of Population Moving in of Housing Development Project District", Seoul Urban Research, 10(1): 105-119.
- Land & Housing Institute (2010), Development of Forecasting Model of Demand of Parking of Reorganization Promoted District with High-Density mixed use Type in the Subway Area.
- Korea Expressway Corporation (2000), Survey and Analysis for Construction of Forecasting Model of Amount of Traffic by Car Models from TCS Data.
- Theil, H. (1961), Economic Forecasts and Policy, 30-37.