- Volume 11 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Implementation of the basic Actions for Virtual Human with Diversity and Reusability
다양성과 재사용성을 가진 가상 인간의 기본 행동 구현
- Received : 2011.04.08
- Accepted : 2011.05.09
- Published : 2011.07.28
In this paper, we attempt to realize the diversity of human actions in a virtual world in terms of the basic actions. We utilize the comprehensive knowledge structure of ontology to organize the human actions into an action hierarchy, each action being the root action of its associated hierarchy of specialized actions. Each basic action is implemented by composing the primitive motions and each basic action in turn by reusing those basic actions. Our approach to the development of these actions is focused more on their diversity and brevity than on their visual realism. Based on this design we develop a method to grasp virtual humans' characteristics and reflect those characteristics on their respective action patterns. We also present a mechanism for the agents to adapt their motions to diverse qualitative changes in environment. We apply these methods to such basic actions as walk, run and throw to demonstrate their viability.
Human Action;Primitive Action;Action Hierarchy
Supported by : 경북대학교
- S. J. Ji, "A Structured Causal Graph Based Model for Event Development," Computer and Advanced Technology in Education 2001, Banff, Canada, 2001.
- K. Harada, K. Hauser, T. Bretl, and J. -C. Latombe, "Natural Motion Generation for Humanoid Robots", Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, October 9-15, 2006, pp.833-839.
- Norman I. Badler and Diane M. Chi, "Virtual Human Animation Based on Movement Observation and Cognitive Behavior Models," Computer Anim ation, 1999. Proceedings, pp.128-137, 1999(5).
- Rick Parent, "컴퓨터 애니메이션 - Algorithms and Techniques", 아진출판사, p.34, 2004.
- A. Bruderlin and T. Calvert, "Goal-Directed, Dynamic Animation of Human Walking," Computer Graphics(Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 89), pp.233-242, 1989.
- Alex J. Champandard 저, 이강훈 역, "인공지능 게임 프로그래밍 실전 가이드:최신 AI기법을 적용한", 에이콘출판사, p.72, 2005.
- 권오상, "지능형 홈로봇 기술 전망", (주)한울로보틱스, 2003.
- K. Park, "Rapid Development of a Humanoid Robot using CAD/CAM/CAE/RP", 한국 CAD/CAM 학회 학술 발표회, 2006.
- J. H. Park, "Modelling Cosmic Elements for Cosmic Simulation", Tech. Report #97, AIMM Lab, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ., 2007.
- Kadota, Kazuo. 김진오 저, "로봇공학의 기초", 성안당, 2008.
- B. J. Kim, "A Logical Model of Collision Response for Simulation of the Virtual Environment," 경북대학교 석사 학위논문, 2003.