- Volume 11 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
An Energy Awareness Congestion Control Scheme based on Genetic Algorithms in Wireless Sensor Networks
무선 센서 네트워크에서의 유전자 알고리즘 기반의 에너지 인식 트래픽 분산 기법
- Received : 2011.04.26
- Accepted : 2011.05.24
- Published : 2011.07.28
For energy-efficiency in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs), when a sensor node detects events, the sensing period for collecting the detailed information is likely to be short. The lifetime of WSNs decreases because communication modules are used excessively on a specific sensor node. To solve this problem, the TARP decentralized network packets to neighbor nodes. It considered the average data transmission rate as well as the data distribution. However, since the existing scheme did not consider the energy consumption of a node in WSNs, its network lifetime is reduced. The proposed scheme considers the remaining amount of energy and the transmission rate on a single node in fitness evaluation. Since the proposed scheme performs an efficient congestion control it extends the network lifetime. The simulation result shows that our scheme enhances the data fairness and improves the network lifetime by about 27% on average over the existing scheme.
Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs);Genetic Algorithm;Congestion Control
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- D. Culler, D. Estrin, and M. Srivastava, "Guest Editors' Introduction: Overview of Sensor Networks," IEEE Computer, Vol.37, issue 8, pp.41-49, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/MC.2004.93
- Y. Oh, P. Kim, K. Jeong, and D. Choi, "Implementation of LMPR on TinyOS for Wireless Sensor Network," Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.6, issue.12, pp.136-146, 2006.
- S. Choi, J. Kim, K. Chung, S. Han, J. Choi, K. Rim, J. Lee, "Dynamic Single Path Routing Mechanism for Reliability and Energy-Efficiency in a Multi Hop Sensor Network," Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.9, issue.9, pp.31-40, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2009.9.9.031
- A. Cerpa, J. Elson, D. Estrin, L. Girod, M. Hamilton, and J. Zhao, "Habitat Monitoring: Application Driver for Wireless Communications Technology," Proc. of ACM Workshop on Data Communications in Latin America and the Caribbean, pp.20-41, 2001.
- C. Wang, B. Li, K, Sohraby, M. Daneshmand, and Y. Hu, "Upstream Congestion Control in Wireless Sensor Networks through Cross-Layer Optimization," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol.25, pp.786-795, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSAC.2007.070514
- C. Park and I. Jung, "Traffic-Aware Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks," Proc. of International Conference on Information Science and Applications, pp.1-8, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICISA.2010.5480571
- C. Wan, S. Eisenman, and A. Campbell, "CODA : COngestion Detection and Avoidance in sensor networks," Proceedings of the 1st ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, pp.266-279, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1145/958491.958523
- Y. Sankarasubramaniam, O. B. Akan, and I. F. Akyildiz, "ESRT: Event-to-Sink Reliable Transport for Wireless Sensor Networks," Proceedings of the 4th ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad hoc Networking and Computing, pp.177-188, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNET.2005.857076
- A. Woo, T. Tong, and D. Culler, "Taming the Underlying Challenges of Reliable Multihop Routing in Sensor Networks," Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, pp.14-27, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1145/958491.958494
- W. Heinzelman, "Application-Specific Protocol Architectures for Wireless Networks," PhD dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2000.
- X. Tang and J. Xu, "Extending Network Lifetime for Precision-Constrained Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks," Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/INFOCOM.2006.149
- J. Kamimura, N. Wakamiya, and M. Murata, "Distributed Clustering Method for Energy-Efficient Data Gathering in Sensor Networks," Proceedings of the 1st IEEE Communications Society Conference, Vol.1, No.2, pp.113-120, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJWMC.2006.012470
- A High Efficiency Data Compression Scheme Based on Deletion of Bit-plain in Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks vol.13, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.10.037