- Volume 11 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
An Energy-Efficient Multiple Path Data Routing Scheme Using Virtual Label in Sensor Network
센서 네트워크 환경에서 가상 식별자를 이용한 에너지 효율적인 다중 경로 데이터 라우팅 기법
- 박준호 (충북대학교 정보통신공학과) ;
- 여명호 (국방과학연구소) ;
- 성동욱 (한국과학기술원) ;
- 권현호 (LS산전(주)) ;
- 이현정 (충북대학교 정보통신공학과) ;
- 유재수 (충북대학교 정보통신공학과)
- Received : 2011.03.02
- Accepted : 2011.05.11
- Published : 2011.07.28
The multi-path routing schemes that assigns labels to sensor nodes for the reliability of data transmission and the accuracy of an aggregation query over the sensor networks where data transfer is prone to defect have been proposed. However, the existing schemes have high costs for reassigning labels to nodes when the network topology is changed. In this paper, we propose a novel routing method that avoids duplicated data and reduces the update cost of a sensor node. In order to show the superiority of the proposed scheme, we compare it with the existing scheme through the various experiments. Our experimental results show that our proposed method reduces about 95% the amount of the transmitted data for restoration to node failure and about 220% the amount of the transmitted data for query processing over the existing method on average.
Sensor Network;Routing Algorithm;Multipath Routing;Aggregation Query;Fault
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- D. Culler, D. Estrin, and M. Srivastava, "Guest editors' introduction: Overview of sensor networks," In Journal of IEEE Computer, Vol.37, pp.41-49, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/MC.2004.93
- S. Madden, M. J. Franklin, J. M. Hellerstein, and W. Hong, "TAG: A tiny aggregation service for ad hoc sensor networks," In Proceedings of ACM/USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation, pp.131-146, 2002.
- Y. Yao and J. Gehrke, "Query processing for sensor networks," In Proceedings of CIDR Conference, 2003.
- A. Manjhi, S. Nath, and P. B. Gibbons, "Tributaries and Deltas: Efficient and Robust Aggregation in Sensor Network Streams," In Proceedings of SIGMOD, pp.287-298, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1145/1066157.1066191
- A. Kamra, V. Misra, and D. Rubenstein, "CountTorrent: ubiquitous access to query aggregates in dynamic and mobile sensor network," In Proceedings of ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor System, pp.43-57, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1145/1322263.1322269
- J. Park, D. Seong, M, Yeo, H, Kim, and J, Yoo, "An Efficient Multiple Tree-Based Routing Scheme in Faulty Wireless Sensor Networks," In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Technologies and Application, pp.1-6, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICUT.2009.5405681
- Live from Earth and Mars (LEM) Project, http://www-12.atmos.washington.edu/k12/grays kies/, 2006.
- A High Efficiency Data Compression Scheme Based on Deletion of Bit-plain in Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks vol.13, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.10.037