- Volume 11 Issue 7
This study was conducted to identify instructor's experience on simulation education. The subjects were nine instructors in simulation education of EMT students. Data were collected through documents and in-depth interview from participants. It was analyzed by phenomenological method, using Colaizzi's method. The results of this study were as a follows. From the protocol, significant statements were organized into formulated meanings. The formulated meanings were identified 28 themes, 9 theme clusters, and 4 categories. The 4 categories were as follows; discomfort of forming the learning environment; burden of instructor's role; difficulty from insufficient education condition; possibility of new education. This study suggested that improvement of simulation education can be accomplished by providing opportunities to learn the simulation technology, using the pre-programmed scenarios, having technical support from specialist or additional operator, and adjusting the current paramedic curriculum.
Simulation Education;Instructor's Experience
Supported by : 충주대학교
- R. H. Steadman, W. C. Coates, Y. M. Huang, R. Matevosian, B. R. Larmon, L. McCullough, and D. Ariel, "Simulation-based training is superior to problem-based learning for the acquisition of critical assessment and management skills," Critical Care Medicine, Vol.34, No.1, pp.151-157, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.CCM.0000190619.42013.94
- E. B. Bryan, S. P. Robert, and A. C. Richard, Brady Paramedic Care:Principle & Practice Introduction to advanced to prehospital care, prentice-Hall Inc. 2000.
- 한국 의료 시뮬레이션 학회, 시작하는 사람들을 위한 의료 시뮬레이션의 이론과 실제, 예당북스, 2010.
- C. K. Feingold, "Computerized patient model and simulated clinical experience:evaluation with baccalaureate nursing students," The Journal of nursing education, Vol.43, pp.156-163, 2004.
- A. J. Debra, B. Catherine, H. B. Gail, J. Nita, and L. A. Gunnar, "Collaborative Project to Influence Nursing Faculty Interest in Simulation," Clinical Simulation in Nursing Vol.6, pp.223-229, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2009.08.006
- 정승은, 이순희, 간호대학생의 시뮬레이션을 활용한 교육경험, 질적연구 제11권 제1호, pp.50-59, 2010.
- 이주희, 김소선, 여기선, 조수진, 김현례. "일대학 간호대학생의 시뮬레이션 교육 경험 분석", 한국간호교육학회지, 제15권, 제2호, pp.183-193, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2009.15.2.183
- 박민정, "의학교육과정에서 PBL 수업의 적용효과 연구: 수업후기와 자기평가 및 수업과정 평가지를 중심으로", 교육과정연구, 제28권, 제2호, pp.225-253, 2010.
- 양진주, "간호학생을 위한 시뮬레이션 기반 교육 과정 개발 및 평가", 성인간호학회지, 제20권 제4호, pp.548-560, 2008.
- 고일선, 김희선, 김인숙, 김소선, 오의금, 김은정, 이주희, 강세원, "Simman 시뮬레이션 학습 시나리오의 개발 및 학습 수행평가 -응급실 내원 천식 환자사례를 중심으로", 기본간호학회지, 제17권, 제3호, pp.371-381, 2010.
- 고종현, "시뮬레이션 교육이 보건계열 학생의 기본소생술 수행능력에 미치는 효과" 연세대학교 보건대학원 석사학위 논문, 2007.
- 김지희,이영미, "마네킨 시뮬레이터를 이용한 의료시뮬레이션 교육의 현황" 한국응급구조학회 제10권, 제2호, pp.15-23, 2006.
- 김지희, "응급구조사 교육 분야에서 의료시뮬레이션의 활용방안 모색", 한국화재 소방학회 논문지, 제21권, 제3호. pp.104-112, 2007.
- P. Colazzi, Psychological research as phenomenologist views it. In R S. Valle & M.King(Eds), Existential phenomenological alternatives for psychology, NY: Oxford University Press Inc, pp.48-71, 1978.
- M. H. Valerie, E. Nadine, K. Kirstyn, and P. Katherine, "Integration of Simulation Across the Undergraduate Curriculum: Student and Faculty Perspectives," Clinical Simulation in Nursing. Vol.7, pp.1-10, 2011.
- K. Adamson, "integrating human patient simulation into associate degree nursing curricula:faculty experience, barriers, and facilitators," Clinical simulation in nursing, Vol.6, pp.75-81, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2009.06.002
- L. J. Amy and H. Margaret, "Simulation and Faculty Time Investment," Clinical Simulation in Nursing, Vol4, pp.5-9, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2008.06.003
- K. T. Waxman and C. L. Telles, "The Use of Benner''s Framework in High-fidelity Simulation Faculty Development. The Bay Area Simulation Collaborative Model," Clinical Simulation in Nursing. Vol.5, pp.231-235, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2009.06.001
- A. Mindi, L. B. Mary, and L. H. Tiffany, "Acquisition of Simulation Skills: Survey of Users," Clinical Simulation in Nursing, pp.1-7, 2011.
- Amy L. Jones and Margaret Hegge, "Faculty Comfort Levels with Simulation," Clinical Simulation in Nursing Education. Vol.3, pp.15-19, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2009.05.034
- A. J. Debra, J. Nita, L. Gunnar, B. Catherine, and H. B. Gail, "Nursing Faculty Perceptions of Obstacles to Utilizing Manikin-based Simulations and Proposed Solutions," Clinical Simulation in Nursing. Vol.5, pp.9-16, 2009.
- K. Lasater, "High fidelity simulation and the development of clinical judgement: students' experiences," J Nurs Edus, Vol.46 No.6, pp.269-276. 2007.
- M. Pam, W. Amanda, S. Rachel, and L. Lesley. "Student experiences and mentor views of the use of simulation for learning," Nurse Education Today Vol.28, pp.790-797, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2008.03.007