- Volume 11 Issue 7
This paper will evaluate the usefulness of 3D target of CBCT by comparing human body's posture and position when simulated treatment is being carried out as well as human phantom posture and position using CBCT which is applying OBI. From the Rando Phantom which is located in the datum point moved in parallel and rotationary direction using CBCT. Then the mean and standard deviation difference on images location difference that are acquired were compared with real the Rando Phantom' moved distance. To make a plan of simulated treatment with the same procedure of real radiation therapy, we are going to setup the Rando Phantom. With an assumption that the position is set in accurate place, we measured the setup errors accroding to the change of the translation and rotation. Tests are repeated 10 times to get the standard deviation of the error values. The variability in couch shift after positioning equivalent to average residual error showed lateral
CBCT(cone beam computed tomography);(RTP(radiation therapy plan);Rando Phantom;Simulation
- D. A. Jaffray and J. H. Siewerdseen, Cone-beam computed tomography with a flat-panel imager: initial performance characterization. Med Phys, Vol.27, pp.1311-1323, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.599009
- D. Letourneau, J. W. Wong, and M. Oldham, Cone-beam CT guided radiation therapy: technical implementation. Radiother Oncol, Vol.75, pp.279-286, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2005.03.001
- D. J. Godfrey, F. F. Yin, M. Oldham, S. Yoo, and C. Wilett, Digital tomosynthesis with an on-board kilovoltage imaging device. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, Vol.65, pp.8-15, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2006.01.025
- T. Fox, C. Huntzinger, P. Johnstone, T. Ogunleye, and E. Elder, Performance evaluation of an automated image registration algorithm using an integrated kilovoltage imaging and guidance system. J Appl Clin Med Phys Vol.7, pp.97-104, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1120/jacmp.2027.25375
- H. Yan, A phantom study on the positioning accuracy of the Novalis Body system, pp.352-360, 2003.
- F. F. Yin, A technique for on-board CT reconstruction using both kilovoltage and megavoltage beam projections for 3D treatment verification, pp219-226, 2005.
- T. Li, Motion correction for improved target localization with on-board cone-beam computed tomography, pp.253-267, 2006.
- C. Yu, An anthropomorphic phantom study of the accuracy of Cyberknife spinal radiosurgery, Neurosurgery, pp.138-149, 2004.
- D. A. Jaffray, A radiographic and tomographic imaging system integrated into a medical linear accelerator for localization of bone and soft-tissue targets, Int. J. Radiat, pp.73-89, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-3016(99)00118-2
- M. Oldham, Cone-beam-CT guided radiation therapy: A model for on-line application, Radiother, pp.271-278, 2005.
- Evaluation on Usefulness of Applying Body-fix to Four Dimensional Radiation Therapy vol.13, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.10.419