- Volume 11 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
리더의 코칭이 조직구성원들의 직무만족과 직무몰입에 미치는 영향: 자기효능감의 매개효과를 중심으로
Impact of Leader's Coaching on Employees' Job Satisfaction and Job Involvement: Focusing on Mediating Effect of Self-efficacy
- 투고 : 2011.06.10
- 심사 : 2011.07.18
- 발행 : 2011.07.28
본 연구에서는 리더의 코칭이 조직구성원들의 직무만족과 직무몰입에 미치는 영향에 대하여 주된 연구 초점을 두었으며 자기효능감을 중요한 매개변수로서 설정을 하였다. 이를 위하여 우선적으로 리더의 코칭, 자기효능감, 직무만족, 직무몰입에 대한 이론적 논의들을 기초로 하여 연구모형과 가설들을 설정하였으며 총 20개 기업으로부터 얻어진 296명의 데이터를 실증분석에 활용하였다. 탐색적 요인분석과 확인적 요인분석을 통해 타당성 검증이 이루어졌으며 구조방정식모형 결과를 바탕으로 가설들을 검증하였다. 연구결과를 살펴보면 리더의 코칭은 조직구성원들의 자기효능감에 유의한 정(+)의 영향을 미치는 것으로 나타났으며 직무만족과 직무몰입에 대하여서도 유의한 정(+)의 영향을 미치는 것으로 나타났다. 또한 자기효능감은 리더의 코칭과 직무만족간의 관계 그리고 리더의 코칭과 직무만족간의 관계에서 유의한 매개변수로서의 역할을 하는 것으로 나타났다.
- J. J. Arnold, S. Arad, J. A. Rhoades, and F. Drasgow, "The Empowering Leadership Questionnaire: The construction and validation of a new scale for measuring leader behaviors," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.21, pp.249-269, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1379(200005)21:3<249::AID-JOB10>3.0.CO;2-#
- R. Agawal, C. M. Angst, and M. Magni, "The performance effects of coaching: a multilevel analysis using hierarchical linear modeling," The International Journal of Human Resource Management, Vol.20, No.10, pp.2110-2134, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585190903178054
- M. London, Job feedback: Giving, seeking, and using feedback for performance improvement, Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum, 2003.
- G. Yukl, "Leadership In Organizations(6th ed.)," Upper Saddle River, Nj Prentice Hall, 2006.
- A. D. Ellinger, A. E. Ellinger, and S. B. Keller, "Supervisory coaching behavior, employee satisfaction, and warehouse employee performance : a dyadic perspective in the distribution industry," Human Resourse Development Quarterly, Vol.14, No.4, pp.435-458, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/hrdq.1078
- A. B. Elmadag, A. E. Ellinger, and G. R. Franke, "Antecedents and consequences of frontline service employee commitment to service quality," Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Vol.16, No.2, pp.95-10, 2008. https://doi.org/10.2753/MTP1069-6679160201
- 김정식, 서문교, "리더의 코칭행위가 조직구성원들의 인지적 유연성과 성과에 미치는 영향", 인적자원관리연구, 제15권, 제3호, pp.31-48, 2008.
- 정태영, 최운실, "영업관리자의 코칭이 직원의 직무성과에 미치는 영향 분석", 인력개발연구, 제11권, 제3호, pp.125-153, 2009.
- S. B. Brown, "A meta-analysis and review of organizational research on job involvement," Psychological Bulletin, Vol.20, pp.235-255, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.120.2.235
- S. P. Brown and T. W. Leigh, A new look at psychological climate and its relationship to Job involvement, effort, and performance, Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.81, No.4, pp.358-368, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.81.4.358
- C. Chen and S. Chiu, "The mediating role of job involvement in the relationship between job characteristics and organizational citizenship behavior," The Journal of Social Psychology, Vol.149, No.4, pp.474-494, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3200/SOCP.149.4.474-494
- J. L. Cotton and J. M. Tuttle, "Employee turnover: A meta-analysis and review with implications for research," Academy of Management Review, Vol.11, pp.55-70, 1986. https://doi.org/10.2307/258331
- J. M. Diefendorff, D. J. Brown, A. M. Kamin, and R. G. Lord, "Examining the roles of job involvement and work centrality in predicting organizational citizenship behaviors and job performance," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.23, pp.93-108, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.123
- R. P. Tett and J. P. Meyer, "Job satisfaction, organizational commitment, turnover intention, and turnover: Path analyses based on meta-analytical findings," Personnel Psychology, Vol.46, pp.259-293, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1993.tb00874.x
- K. Nielsen and F. Munir, "How do transformational leaders influence followers' affective well-being? Exploring the mediating role of self-efficacy," Work & Stress, Vol.23, No.4, pp.313-329, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/02678370903385106
- A. Srivastava, K. M. Bartol, and E. A. Locke, "Empowering leadership in management teams: Effects on knowledge sharing, efficacy, and performance," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.49, No.6, pp.1239-1251, 2006. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMJ.2006.23478718
- B. S. O'Neill and M. A. Mone, "Investigating Equity Sensitivity as a Moderator of Relations Between Self-Efficacy and Workplace Attitudes," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.83, No.5, pp.805-816, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.83.5.805
- A. Carmeli and J. Schaubroeck, "The influence of leaders' and other referents' normative expectations on individual involvement in creative work," The Leadership Quarterly, Vo.18, pp.35-48, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.leaqua.2006.11.001
- R. R. Kilburg, "Facilitating intervention adherence in executive coaching: a model and methods," Consulting Psychology Journal: Research and Practice, Vol.53, pp.251-267, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/1061-4087.53.4.251
- S. Berglas, "The very real danger of executive coaching," Harvard Business Review, pp.86-92, 2002(6).
- F. F. Fournies, Coaching for Improved Work Performance, Liberty Hall Press, Chichester, 1987.
- C. D. Orth, H. E. Wilkinson, and R. C. Benfari, "The manager's role as coach and mentor," Organizational Dynamics, Vol.15, No.4, pp.66-74, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(87)90045-3
- S. J. Stowell, Leadership and the coaching process in organizations, unpublished doctoral dissertation, The University of Utah, 1987.
- R. D. Evered and J. C. Selman, "Coaching and the art of management," Organizational Dynamics, Vol.18, pp.16-32, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(89)90040-5
- D. T. Hall, K. L. Otazo, and G. P. Hollenbeck, "Behind closed doors: What really happens in executive coaching," Organizational Dynamics, Vol.27, No.3, pp.39-52, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0090-2616(99)90020-7
- B. Redshaw, "Evaluating organizational effectiveness," Measuring Business Excellence, Vol.5, No.1, pp.16-18, 2000.
- C. A. Douglas and W. H. Morley, Executive coaching: An annotated bibliography, Greensboro, NC: Centre for Creative Leadership, 2001.
- A. Bandura, Social foundations of thought and action: A social cognitive theory, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey : Prentice-hall, 1986.
- K. W. Thomas and B. A. Velthouse, "Cognitive elements of empowerment: An "interpretive" model of intrinsic task motivation", Academy of Management Review, Vol.15, pp.666-681, 1990. https://doi.org/10.2307/258687
- G. M. Spreitzer, "Psychological empowerment in the workplace: Dimensions, measurement, and validation," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.36, No.5, pp.1442-1465, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/256865
- A. Bandura, Self-efficacy: The exercise of control, New York: Freeman, 1997.
- R. N. Kanungo, "Measurement of job and work involvement," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.67, No.3, pp.341-349, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.67.3.341
- P. P. Brooke, D. W. Russell, and J. L. Price, "Discuss validation of measures of job satisfaction, job involvement and organizational commitment," Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol.73, No.2, pp.139-145, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.73.2.139
- B. M. Bass, Leadership and performance beyond expectations, New York: Free Press, 1985.
- G. R. Jones, "Socialization tactics, self-efficacy, and newcomers' adjustments to organizations," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.29, pp.262-279, 1986.. https://doi.org/10.2307/256188
- E. A. Locke, The nature and causes of job satisfaction. In M. D. Dunnette (Ed.), Handbook of industrial and organizational psychology (pp.1297-1349). Chicago: Rand McNally, 1976.
- S. B. Bacharach, P. Bamberger, and S. Conley, "Work-home conflict among nurses and engineers: Mediating the impact of role stress on burnout and satisfaction at work," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.12, No.1, pp.39-53, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030120104
- J. F. Hair, W. C. Black, B. J. Babin, R. E. Anderson, and R. L. Tatham, Multivariate Data Analysis(6th ed.), New Jersey : Prentice Hall, 2006.
- C. Fornell and D. F. Larcker, "Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.18, pp.39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- E. K. Kelloway, Using LISREL for structural equation modeling, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 1998.
- E. L. Deci, "Intrinsic motivation," New York: Plenum, (1975).