- Volume 11 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Effects of Computer/Internet Game Play on Depression and Life Satisfaction among the Elderly: Mediating Effects of Perceived Self-Control
컴퓨터/인터넷 게임 활동이 노인의 우울과 생활만족도에 미치는 영향: 자아통제감의 매개효과를 중심으로
- Received : 2011.05.05
- Accepted : 2011.07.18
- Published : 2011.07.28
The purpose of this paper is to examine the effects of computer/internet game play on depression and life satisfaction via perceived self-control among older adults in Korea. Data were collected from a survey of 237 community-dwelling older adults (age
Computer/Internet Game;Perceived Self-Control;Depression;Life Satisfaction;Elderly
Supported by : 호서대학교
- 남현주, 이현지, "여성노인이 지각하는 통제감이 우울감과 만족도에 미치는 영향", 한국노인복지학회, 노인복지연구, 제27권, pp.1-25, 2005.
- 박충선, "노년기의 생활시간과 생활만족도에 관한 연구", 한국노년학, 제18권, 2호, pp.30-46, 1998.
- 배병렬, LJSREL 구조방정식모텔: 이해와 활용, 서울: 청람, 2005.
- 백경숙, 권영신, "노년기의 경제활동과 여가활동 유형에 따른 심리적 복지감연구", 노인복지연구, 제35권, pp.87-106, 2007.
- 석주영, 안옥희, 박인전, "집단 게임놀이치료가 시설보호아동의 정서지능과 자아존중감 향상에 미치는 효과", 한국생활과학회지, 제15권, 5호, pp.703-718, 2006.
- 이영숙, 박경란. "노인의 여가제약, 여가활동참여와 생활만족도의 관계 분석", 한국생활과학회지, 제18권, 1호, pp.1-12, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2009.18.1.001
- 이천희. "도시고령자의 여가활동에 관한 연"구. 한국노년학, 제2권, 1호, pp.65-78, 1982.
- 장인협, 최성재, 노인복지학, 서울대학교출판부, 서울, 2002.
- 허준수, "도시노인의 여가활동에 영향을 미치는 요인들에 관한 연구", 한국노년학, 제22권, 2호, pp.227-247, 2002.
- 황상민, 사이버 공간에 또 다른 내가 있다. 서울: 김영사, 2000.
- R. P. Bagozzi and Y. Youjae, "On the evaluation of structural equation models," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.16, No.1, pp.74-94, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02723327
- S. Balaswamy and V. Richardson, "The Cumulative Effects of Length of Widowhood, Personal andmSocial resources, Hospitalization on the Subjective Well-being of Elderly Widowers," International Journal of Aging and Human Development. Vol.53, pp.311-328, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2190/6TY3-FX64-K8P4-KBPQ
- R. M. Baron and D. A. Kenny, "The moderator-mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.51, No.6, pp.1173-1182, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1243
- G. Caplan, "Mastery of stress: Psychosocial aspectsG Caplan," American Journal of Psychiatry, Vol.138, pp.413-420, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1176/ajp.138.4.413
- P. Coleman, Adjustment in later life. In J. Bong, P. Cloeman and S. Peace, eds., Ageing in society: an introduction to social gerontology. London: Sage, 1993.
- S. Eggermont, H. Vandebosch, and S. Steyaert, "Towards the desired future of the elderly and ICT: Policy recommendations based on a dialogue with senior citizens," Poiesis and Praxis, Vol.4, pp.199-217, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10202-005-0017-9
- S. Iso-Ahola, "The social psychology of leisure," lowa: WC Brown, 1980.
- S. D. Hollon, R. J. DeRubeis, and M. E. Seligman, "Cognitive therapy and the prevention of depression. Applied and Preventive Psychology," Vol.1, pp.89-95, 1992.
- N. Hooyman and H. A. Kiyak. "Social gerontology: A mutidisciplinary perspective," 4th ed, Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 1996.
- L. Z. Hu and P. M. Bentler, "Cutoff-criteria for fit indexes in covariances structure analysis: Conventional criteria versus new alternatives," Structural Equational Modeling, Vol.6, pp.1-55, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1080/10705519909540118
- M. Hwang, J. Hong, J. Tsorng, C. Lee, and H. Chang, "From Fingers to Embodiment: A Study on the Relations of the Usability, Dependability of the Embodied Interactive Video Games and the Elders' Flow Experience," LNCS, 5670, pp.464-472, 2009.
- Y. Jang, A. Borestein, D. Chiribiga, and J. Mortimer. "Depressive symptoms among African American and white older adults," Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, Vol.60B, pp.313-319, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronb/60.6.P313
- J. Goldstein, C. Lara, O. Mark, M. Moniek, V. H. Oscar, and S. Femke, "Video games and the elderly", Social Behavior and Personality, Vol.25, No.4, pp.345-352, 1997. https://doi.org/10.2224/sbp.19126.96.36.1995
- Jordan, Tim. Cyberpower. 사이버문화연구소 역. 서울: 현실문화연구, 2000.
- R. B. Kline, Principles and practice of structural equation modeling. New York: Guilford Press, 1998.
- C. Lennartsson and M. Silverstein, "Does engagement with life enhance survival of elderly people in Sweden? The role of social and leisure activities," Journal of Gerontology, Vol.56B, pp.335-342, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronb/56.6.S335
- B. T. Mausbach, T. L. Patterson, R. Von Kanel, and P. J. Mills, "The attenuating effect of personal mastery on the relations between stress and Alzheimer caregiver health: A five-year longitudinal analysis," Aging and Mental Health, Vol.11, No.6, pp.637-644, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1080/13607860701787043
- J. Mirowsky and C. E. Ross, "Explaining the social patterns of depression: Control and problem solving: or Support and talking?", Journal of Health and Social Behavior, Vol.30, No.2, pp.206-219, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/2137014
- B. L. Neugarten, R. J. Havighurst, and S. S. Tobin, "The measure of life satisfaction," Journal of Gerontology, Vol.16, pp.134-143, 1961. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/16.2.134
- S. D. Neupert, D. M. Almeida, and S. T. Charles, "Age differences in reactivity to daily stressors: the role of personal control," The Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, Vol.62, pp.216-225, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronb/62.4.P216
- L. S. Radlof, "The CES-D Scale ; A Self-Report Depression Scale for Research in the General Population," Applied Psychological Measurement, Vol.1, No.3, pp.385-401, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1177/014662167700100306
- J. W. Rowe and R. L. Kahn. "Successful Aging," The Gerontologist, Vol.37, No.4, pp.433-440, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/37.4.433
- K. W. Schaie, Mobility for what? In K.W. Schaie, H.-W. Wahl, H. Mollenkopf, and F. Oswald(eds), Aging independently: Living arrangements and mobility, pp.18-27. New York: Springer Publishing, 2003.
- M. S. Searle, M. J. Mahon, and S. E. Iso-Ahola. "Enhancing a sense of independence and psychological well-being among the elderly: A field experience," Journal of Leisure Research, Vol.27, No.2, pp.107-124, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1080/00222216.1995.11949737
- M. E. Seligman, Helplessness: On depression, development and death. San Francisco: W.H. Freeman, 1975.
- L. R. Silvinske and V. L. Fitch, "The effect of enhancing interventions on the well-being of elderly individuals living in retirement communities," The Gerontologist, Vol.27, pp.176-180, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/27.2.176
- S. A. Sivo, F. E. Xitao, W. Lea, and T. W. John, "The search for optimal cutoff properties: Fit index criteria in structural equation Modeling," Journal of Experimental Education, Vol.74, No.3, pp.267-288, 2006. https://doi.org/10.3200/JEXE.74.3.267-288
- S. G. West, J. F. Finch, and P. J. Curran, "Structural equation models with nonnormal variables: Problems and remedies. Structural equation modeling: Concepts, issues, and applications," Hoyle, Rick H. (Ed), pp.56-75, Thousand Oaks, CA, US: Sage Publications, Inc, 1995.
- K. S. Young, What makes on-line stimulating? Potential explanations for pathological internet use. Symposia presented at the 105th annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, August, 15, 1997. Chicago. IL, 1997b.
- S. Zarit, L. Pearlin, and W. Schaie, Personal control in social and life course contexts. New York: Springer, 2003.
- Effects of the Occupation and Activity Nature of the Middle-Aged on Retirement Preparation vol.11, pp.11, 2011, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.11.296
- The Use of Persona Based Scenario Method for the Development of Web Board Game for the Pre-elderly vol.10, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5392/IJoC.2014.10.2.037
- Discussions on Mechanisms, Features and Implications of the Digital Divide in Old Age vol.15, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.04.246