- Volume 11 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Effects of Security Needs of Citizens Utilizing CCTV on the Life Satisfaction
CCTV를 통한 시민들의 안전욕구충족이 생활만족에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2011.03.15
- Accepted : 2011.03.29
- Published : 2011.07.28
This study will compare and analyze the effect of satisfaction of security needs on life satisfaction according to sociodemographic features and will find the factors of security needs satisfaction and life satisfaction. a total of three humdred questionnaires was distributed to male and female who live in Seoul(Gang-dong, Gang-sue, Songpa-gu and Gand-buk) in Aug. and Sept., 2010 and over nineteen years old. Except making the wrong questionnaires, total questionnaires was sampled from 259 questionnaires using judgment sampling method after selecting. Data analysis be used by SPSSWIN 18.0 Version. The validity and reliability of questionnaires are verified for factorial analysis and reliability analysis and also T test and F test are used for finding for differences of life satisfaction and satisfaction of security needs. And, this study is tested the regression analysis for the effects on the life satisfaction and satisfaction of security. Utilizing CCTV on the Life Satisfaction, this study were drawn the conclusions as following. First, the satisfaction of security needs as demographic characteristics have the part of the difference. the result shows to different psychological needs as educational level at the group less than college graduates. Second, the result of satisfaction of security as demographic characteristics is significantly higher in the male group and life satisfaction as education is significantly higher in more than college graduates. Third, the satisfaction of security needs of citizens through the CCTV effects to life satisfaction. environmental needs and information needs are as high as life satisfaction.
Satisfaction of Security Needs;Life Satisfaction;CCTV
- S. W. Lee and Y. K. Park, "A Study on Revitalization of CCTV for Crime Prevention," The Korean Association of Police Science Review, No.12, 2006.
- S. C. Lee, "Effects of Perception of CCTV and Local Environmental Factors on Fear of Crime," Department of Police Administration Graduate School of Dongguk University, 2009.
- Clarke, "Situtional crime pervention In M, Tonry and D. P. Farrington(eds.)," Building a Safer Society : Strategic Approaches to Crime Prevention : Vol.19. Crime and Justice : A Review of Research, pp.89-150. Chicago, Illinois : University of Chicago Press, 1995.
- H. R. Roh. "Closed Circuit Television Application for Crime Prevention," Journal of the Korean Association of Public Safety and Criminal Justice, No.19, 2005.
- M. H. Yim and J. H. Hong, "Directions of Crime Prevention Policy Through the Analysis of Crime Prevention Effects of CCTV," Vol.12, No.4, 2008.
- C. S. Kim, "Relationship among User's Security Need Sufficiency, Customer Satisfaction and Life Satisfaction in Electronic Security System," The Korea Contents Society Vol.9, No.7, 2009.
- O. K. Park "A Study on the Citiizens' Attitude twoard the Control of Crime through CCTVs," Department of Police Administration Graduate School of Dongguk University, 2008.
- C. Eung. Ryul and Y. S. Kim, "The Effectiveness of the Closed Circuit TVs (CCTVs) on the Crime Prevention," Journal of the Korean Association of Public Safety and Criminal Justice, Korean Association of Public Safety and Criminal Justice, No.26, 2007.
- D. K. Park, "The Collegians' Perceptions Analysis of Closed Circuit Television and it's Utilization in Campus," Journal of the Korean Association of Public Safety and Criminal Justice, Korean Association of Public Safety and Criminal Justice, No.23, 2006.
- J. E. Park, "A Study on the Effective Application of Crime Prevention CCTV in residential areas," Dept.of Architecture Graduate School, Korea University, 2008.
- H. C. Choi, "Effects of Dance Therapy on Physical Self-Efficacy Utilization of CCTV for Prevention of Crime," Department of Public Administration Graduate School of Administration Yeoungnam University, 2006.
- C. S. Kim, "Relationship among User's Security Need Sufficiency," Customer Satisfaction and Life Satisfaction in Electronic Security System, Department of Security Administration Graduate School, Kyonggi University, 2009.