- Volume 20 Issue 7
We have established a wind map of Singapore, a city-state characterized its land cover by urban buildings to confirm a possibility of wind farm development. As a simple but useful approximation of urban canopy, a zero-plane displacement concept was employed. The territory is divided into 15 sectors having similar urban building layouts, and zero-plane displacement, equivalent roughness height at each sector was calculated to setup a terrain boundary condition. Annual mean wind speed and mean wind power density map were drawn by a CFD micrositing model, WindSim where Changi International Airport wind data was used as an in-situ measurement. Unfortunately, predicted wind power density does not exceed 80
Singapore;Wind map;CFD(Computational Fluid Dynamics);Urban canopy;Zero-plane displacement
- 김현구, 황효정, 2010, 국가바람지도 및 국가지리정보에 의한 국내 해상풍력단지 개발계획의 비교분석, 한국태양에너지학회 논문집, 30(5), 44-55.
- 김현구, 황효정, 김주현, 고수희, 정우식, 2010, OpenWind를 이용한 풍력단지설계 사례연구-영덕풍력단지, 한국환경과학회지, 19(9), 1169-1175. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2010.19.9.1169
- Grimmond, C. S. B., Oke, T. R., 1999, Aerodynamic properties of urban areas derived from the analysis of surface form, J. Appl. Meteorol., 38, 1262-1292. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0450(1999)038<1262:APOUAD>2.0.CO;2
- WindSim AS, 2010, WindSim 5.0 Getting Started.
- Svensson, U., Haggkvist, K., 1990, A two-equation turbulence model for canopy flows, J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., 35, 201-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(90)90216-Y