- Volume 48 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Study between Measurement and Prediction Results of a Naval Ship Infrared Signature in the Marine Environment
해상환경에서 함정 적외선 신호 측정 및 예측결과 비교 분석 연구
- Kim, Jung-Ho (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Yoon, Yoon-Sik (Maritime & Ocean Engineering Research Institute, KORDI)
- Received : 2010.08.12
- Accepted : 2011.06.21
- Published : 2011.08.20
Ship infrared signature is the cause of detection and tracking by infrared sensor and anti-ship missile seeker. Recent warships have been applied the infrared stealth technology to reduce own ship infrared signature and tested to validate own ship infrared signature level. This study describes the two issues. Firstly, we describe the infrared measurement concept and infrared signature level establishment method that have been performed. Secondly, we compare and analyze the error components between the infrared measurement and simulation result.
- Berk, A. Bernsten, L.S. & Robertson, D.C., 1989. MODTRAN: A Moderate Resolution Model for LOWTRAN7. Air Force Geophysics Laboratory, Hanscom AFB, MA, GL-TR-89-0122.
- Choi, J.H. et al., 2008. Infrared Signature Analysis of a Ship for Different Atmosphere Temperature and Wind Velocity. Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, 11(5), pp.84-91.
- Choi, J.H. Shin, J.M. Kim, J.H. & Kim, T.K., 2010. Study on Infrared Image Generation for Different Surface Conditions with Different Sensor Resolutions, Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 47(3), pp.342-349. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2010.47.3.342
- Davis, W.R., 2000. User Manual for the Naval Threat Countermeasures Simulator(NTCS), Davis Engineering Ltd.
- Espen, S. Trygve, H.L. & Kjell, W., 2002. SIMVEX 2001 TRIAL-RADIANT INTENSITY CONTRAST, FFI Report -2002/02568.
- Hudson, R.D., 2006. Infrared System Engineering. Wiley Interscience: New York.
- Jacobs, P.A., 1996. Thermal Infrared Characterization of Ground Targets and Backgrounds. Physics and Electronics Laboratory TNO The Netherlands SPIE Optical Engineering Press.
- Kil, T.J. Choi, J.H. Choi, Y.J. & Kim, T.K., 2007. Study on Prediction of Surface Temperature and Reduction of Infrared Emission from a Naval Ship by considering Emissivity of Funnel in the Mid-Latitude Meterological Conditions. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 44(1), pp.40-47. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2007.44.1.040
- Kim, J.H. & Jung, I.W., 2009. Quantitative Measurement and Analysis of Ship Infrared Radiation Characteristic to Infrared Sensor, 1th ISR symposium, pp.13.
- Sanders, J.S., 2000. Ground Target Infrared Signature Modeling with the Multi-Service Electro-optic Signature(MuSES) Code, Proc. of SPIE, Targets and Backgrounds VI.
- Vaitekunas, D.A., 2005. Validation of ShipIR(v3.2): Methodology and Results, 1st Int. IR Target and Background Modeling Workshop.
- A Study on the Management Methods of the Ship Infrared Signature vol.50, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2013.50.3.182