- Volume 22 Issue 4
Study on identification of candidate DNA marker related with beef quailty in QTL region of BTA 2 in Hanwoo population
한우 2번 염색체 양적형질좌위 영역에서 육질 연관 후보 DNA 마커 규명에 관한 연구
- Lee, Yoon-Seok (Charmpoom Hanwoo Research Institution) ;
- Oh, Dong-Yep (School of biotechnology, Yeungnam University) ;
- Yeo, Jung-Sou (School of biotechnology, Yeungnam University)
- Received : 2011.04.26
- Accepted : 2011.06.17
- Published : 2011.08.01
By direct sequencing of 12 STS marker, we identified 10 polymorphic SNPs. As a result of genotype frequency analysis between 10 polymorphic SNPs and extreme population (n=20) for marbling score in Hanwoo (n=233), there was over 40 percent of frequency difference of HWSNP_1-1 and HWSNP_9-4 SNP. HWSNP_1-1 SNP was significantly associated with marbling score in large-scale population (n=233). Therefore we suggested that HWSNP_1-1 SNP can be useful as a positional candidate for beef quality for marker-assisted selection in Hanwoo.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Abe, T., Saburi, J., Hasebe, H., Nakagawa, T., Kawamura, T., Saito, K., Nade, T., Misumi, S., Okumura, T., Kuchida, K., Hayashi, T., Nakane, S., Mitsuhasi, T., Nirasawa, K., Sugimoto, Y. and Kobayashi, E. (2008). Bovine quantitative trait loci analysis for growth, carcass, and meat quality traits in an F2 population from a cross between Japanese Black and Limousin. Journal of Animal Science, 86, 2821-2832. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2007-0676
- Alexander, L. J., Macneil, M. D., Geary, T. W., Snelling, W. M., Rule, D. C. and Scanga, J. A. (2007). Quantitative trait loci with additive effects on palatability and fatty acid composition of meat in a Wagyu-Limousin F2 population. Animal Genetics, 38, 506-513. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.2007.01643.x
- Casas, E., Keele, J. W., Shackelford, S. D., Koohmaraie, M., Sonstegard, T. S., Smith, T. P. L., Kappes, S. M. and Stone, R.T. (1998). Association of the muscle hpertrophy locus with carcass traits in beef cattle. Journal of Animal Science, 76, 468-473. https://doi.org/10.2527/1998.762468x
- Cho, D. (2010). Mixed-effects LS-SVM for longitudinal data. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 21, 363-369.
- Dekkers, J. C. and Hospital, F. (2002). The use of molecular genetics in the improvement of agricultural populations. Nature Review Genetics, 3, 22-32. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrg701
- Farnir, F., Coppieters, W., Arranz, J. J., Berzi, P., Cambisano, N., Grisart, B., Karim, L., Marcq, F., Moreau, L., Mni, M., Nezer, C., Simon, P., Vanmanshoven, P., Wagenaar, D. and Georges, M. (2000). Extensive genome-wide linkage disequilibrium in cattle. Genome Research, 10, 220-227. https://doi.org/10.1101/gr.10.2.220
- Hayes, B. J., Visscher, P. M., McPartlan, H. C. and Goddard, M. E. (2003). Novel multilocus measure of linkage disequilibrium to estimate past effective population size. Genome Research, 13, 635-643. https://doi.org/10.1101/gr.387103
- Kim, J. W., Park, S. I. and Yeo, J. S. (2003). Linkage mapping and QTL on chromosome 6 in Hanwoo (Korean Cattle). Asian-Australian Journal of Animal Science, 16, 1402-1405. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2003.1402
- Lee, J. Y., and Lee, J. H. (2010). Support vector machine and multifactor dimensionality reduction for detecting major gene interactions of continuous data. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 21, 1271-1280
- Lim, S. Y., Baek, J. S. and Kim, M. S. (2010). Video character recognition improvement by support vector machines and regularized discriminant analysis. Proceedings of Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 1-10.
- MacNeil, M. D., and Grosz, M. D. (2002). Genome-wide scans for QTL affecting carcass traits in Hereford x composite double backcross populations. Journal of Animal Science, 80, 2316-24. https://doi.org/10.2527/2002.8092316x
- McClure, M. C., Morsci, N. S., Schnabel, R. D., Kim, J. W., Yao, P., Rolf, M. M., McKay, S. D., Gregg, S. J., Chapple, R. H., Northcutt, S. L. and Taylor, J. F. (2010). A genome scan for quantitative trait loci influencing carcass, post-natal growth and reproductive traits in commercial Angus cattle. Animal Genetics, 1365-2052.
- Odani, M., Narita, A., Watanabe, T., Yokouchi, K., Sugimoto, Y., Fujita, T., Oguni, T., Matsumoto, M. and Sasaki, Y. (2006). Genome-wide linkage disequilibrium in two Japanese beef cattle breeds. Animal Genetics, 37, 139-144. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2052.2005.01400.x
- Hu, Z. L., Park, C. A., Fritz, E. R. and Reecy, J. M. (2010). QTLdb: A comprehensive database tool building bridges between genotypes and phenotypes. Invited lecture with full paper published electronically on The 9th World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production, Leipzig, Germany.
- Shim, J., Park, H. and Seok, K. H. (2009). Variance function estimation with LS-SVM for replicated data. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 20, 925-931.
- Spangler, M. L., Bertrand, J. K. and Rekaya, R. (2007). Combining genetic test information and correlated phenotypic records for breeding value estimation. Journal of Animal Science, 85, 641-649. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2006-617
- Thallman, R. M. (2004). DNA testing and marker assisted selection. http://www.beefimprovement.org/proceedings/04proceedings/thallman.pdf Accessed: Feb. 10, 2009.