- Volume 22 Issue 4
Meta-regression analysis for anti-diabetic effect of green tea
녹차의 항-당뇨 효과에 대한 메타회귀분석
- Yun, A-Reum (Department of Information and Statistics, Duksung Womens University) ;
- Choi, Ki-Heon (Department of Information and Statistics, Duksung Womens University)
- Received : 2011.04.10
- Accepted : 2011.07.04
- Published : 2011.08.01
The present study was carried out to summarize the effect of green tea in the diabetic rats by meta-analysis related studies. The association measure to test effect of green tea was Hedges' standardized mean difference. In this particular fixed effect model, body weight was significantly increased. Also, blood glucose, triglycerides were significantly decreased. In this case of heterogeneous variable, random effect model was applied. In this model, body weight was significantly increased. Also, blood glucose was significantly decreased in green tea treated group. According to the Meta-regression analysis, duration of injection was not significant for variables.
- 김선화 (2008). <당뇨쥐에서 녹차분말 첨가식이가 혈중지질 및 간지질에 미치는 영향>, 석사학위논문, 계명대학교, 대구.
- 박정환 (2004). <당뇨쥐에서 대동맥 콜라겐의 당화 및 산화에 미치는 녹차음용의 효과>, 석사학위논문, 전남대학교, 광주.
최기헌, 국세정 (2008).
, 자유아카데미, 서울.
- Babu, P. V. A., Sabitha, K. E. and Shyamaladevi, C. S. (2006). Therapeutic effect of green tea extract on oxidative stress in aorta and hear of streptozotocin diabetic rats. Chemico-Biological Interactions, 162, 114-120. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cbi.2006.04.009
- Egger, M. and Davey S. G. (1997). Meta-analysis: Potentials and premise. British Medical Journal, 315, 1371-1374. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.315.7119.1371
- Harbord, R. M. and Higgins, J. P. T. (2008). Meta-regression in stata. The Stata Journal, 8, 493-519.
- Han, H. K., Choi, S. S. and Chung H. S. (2010). Effects of camellia sinensis L. on blood glucose and cholesterol levels of normal and streptozotocin induced diabetic male rats. Journal of the Korean Tea Society, 16, 118-123.
- Higgins, J. P. T., Thompson, S. G., Deeks, J. and Altman, D. G. (2003). Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses. British Medical Journal, 327, 557-560. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.327.7414.557
- Kim, J. E. and Choi, K. H. (2010). A meta analysis for anti-hyperlipidemia effect of soybeans. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 21, 651-667.
- Kim, M. J. and Choi, K. H. (2010). The anti-diabetic effect of propolis using Hedges's mean difference. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 21, 447-459.
- Kook, S., Han, H., Kim, G. and Choi, K. (2008). The anti-hepatotoxic effect of ginseng in rats: Metaanalysis. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 19, 937-949.
- Lee, B. R., Koh, K. O. and Park, P. S. (2007). Antihyperglycemic effects of green tea extract on alloxaninduced diabetic and OLETF rats. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 36, 696-702. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.6.696
- Lee, J. Y. (2008). Meta-analysis. Journal of Korean Endocrine Society, 23, 361-378. https://doi.org/10.3803/jkes.2008.23.6.361
- Oh, H. J., Ko, S. G. and Shin, Y. C. (2006). Antidiabetic effect of ethanol extract of lacca simica exsicccata on streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Korean Journal of Oriental Preventive Medical Society, 10, 75-93.
- Ribaldo, P. D. B., Souza. D. S., Biswas, S. K., Block, K., Lopes de Faria, J. M. and Lopes de Faria, J. B. (2009). Green tea(Camellia sinensis) attenuates nephropathy by downregulating nox4 NADPH oxidase in diabetic spontaneously hypertensive rats. The Journal of Nutrition, 139, 96-100.
- Sabu, M. C., Smitha, K. and Ramadasan Kuttan (2002). Anti-diabetic activity of green tea polyphenols and their role in reducing oxidative stress in experimental diabetes. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 83, 109-116. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-8741(02)00217-9