- Volume 22 Issue 4
We shall introduce a general probability mass function which includes several discrete probability mass functions. Especially, when the random variable X is Poisson, binomial, and negative binomial random variables as some special cases of the introduced distribution, the maximum likelihood estimator (MLE) and the uniformly minimum variance unbiased estimator (UMVUE) of the probability P(X
- Ali, M. M. and Woo, J. (2010). Estimation of tail probability and reliability in exponentiated Pareto case. Pakistan Journal of Statistics, 26, 39-47.
- Bowers, N. J., Gerber, H. U., Hickman, J. C., Jones, D. A. and Nesbitts, C. J. (1997). Actuarial mathe- matics, The Society of Actuaries, Schaumburg, Illinois.
- McCool, J. I. (1991). Inference on P(X < Y ) in theWeibull case. Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation, 20, 129-148. https://doi.org/10.1080/03610919108812944
- Moon, Y. G. and Lee, C. S. (2009). Inference on reliability P(X < Y ) in the gamma case. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 20, 219-223.
- Lee, C. C. and Lee, C. S. (2010). Reliability and ratio in a right truncated Rayleigh distribution. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 21, 195-200.
- Lee, C. S. andWon, H. Y. (2006). Inference on reliability in an exponentiated uniform distribution. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Sciences Society, 17, 507-513.
- Woo, J. (2007). On reliability and UMVUE of right-tail probability in a half-normal variable. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 18, 259-267.
- Woo, J. (2008). Reliability in two independent Levy and uniform-exponential distribution. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 19, 635-644.