- Volume 23 Issue 1
Fire Resistance of Concrete Filled Double Skin Tubular Columns under Axial Load
일정 축력을 받는 Double CFT기둥의 내화성능 평가
- Received : 2010.06.17
- Accepted : 2011.02.21
- Published : 2011.02.28
Although an uncoated CFT column with a high axial-force ratio can be used to secure fire resistance for two hours or less in low-rise buildings, it does not satisfy the three-hour-long fire resistance required in high-rise buildings. Accordingly, so that the uncoated CFT column could be used for high-rise buildings, additional measures for the improvement of its fire resistance should be proposed. In this regard, the use of a Double CFT column as a measure for improving the fire resistance of the uncoated CFT column was proposed in this paper. A fire resistance test was conducted on an uncoated CFT column and a Double CFT column in real scale, under a load. Through such test, the effect of the Double CFT column on fire resistance was evaluated and then compared with that of a variant shape of the cross-section of a steel column.
Supported by : 서울시립대학교
- American Institute of Steel Construction (2003) Steel Design Guide 19 - Fire Resistance of Structural Steel Framing
- Choi, S.M., Park, S.H., Chung, K.S., and Kim, D.K. (2006) Review of Material Properties for Predicting the Fire Resistance of Concrete-Filled Steel Square Tube Column using the Numerical Method, 8th Association for steel-concrete composite structures, China.
- Chung, K.S.,Park. S.H.,and Choi,S.M. (2008) Material effect for predicting the fire resistance of concrete-filled square steel tube column under constantaxialload, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol.64, No.12, pp.1505-1515 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2008.01.002
- Ding, J.and Wang, Y.C. (2008) Realistic modeling of thermal and structural behaviour of unprotected concrete filled tubularcolumnsin fire, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol.64, No.10, pp. 1086-1102 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2007.09.014
- Eurocode 4 Part1-2,(2001) Design of Composite Steel and Concrete Structures-Structural Fire Design, British Standards Institution, London
- Han, L.H., Zhao, X.L., Yang, Y.F., and Feng, J.B. (2003) Experimental Study and Calculation of Fire Resistance of Concrete-Filled Hollow Steel Columns, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol.129, No.3, pp.81-93.
- ISO (1975) Fire Resistance Test-Elements of Building Construction, ISO 834, Geneva
- Kim, D.K.,Choi, S.M.,Kim. J.H.,Chung, K.S., and Park, S.H. (2005) Experimental study on fire resistance of concrete-filled steel tube column under constant axial loads, International Journal of Steel Structures, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp.305-313 https://doi.org/10.12989/scs.2005.5.4.305
- Kodur, V.K.R. (1998) Design Equations for Evaluating Fire Resistance of SERC-filled HSS Columns, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 124, No. 6, pp.81-93.
- Saito, H., Morita, T., and Uesugi, H. (2004) Fire Resistance of Concrete-Filled Steel Tube Columns under Constant Axial Loads, Journal Environment and Engineering, No.582, pp.9-16.
- Suzuki, T., Kimura, M., Kodaira, A., and Fushimi, M. (1985) Experimental Studyon Fire Resistance of Concrete-filled Square Steel Columns, Journal Construction and Engineering, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp.77-85
- Wang, Y.C. (2002) Steeland Composite Structures - Behaviour and Design for Fire Safety, Spon Press- Taylor & FrancisGroup
- Wang, Y.C. (1999) The Effects of Structural Continuity on the Fire Resistance of Concrete Filled Columns in Nonsway Frames, Journal Constructional Steel Researches, No,50, pp.177-197.
- Yin, J., Zha, X.X., and Li, L.Y. (2006) Fireresistanceof axially loaded concrete filled steeltube columns, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, No.62, pp.723-729.
- Zha, X.X. (2003) FEanalysis of fireresistance of concrete filled CHS columns, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, No.59, pp.769-779.