- Volume 35 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Shape Optimization of Multilayer Bellows by Using Sequential Experimental Design
순차적 실험계획법을 적용한 다층관 벨로우즈 형상 최적설계
- Oh, Sang-Kyun (Daegu Mechatronics & Materials Institute) ;
- Lee, Kwang-Ki (Consulting Division, VP Korea) ;
- Suh, Chang-Hee (Daegu Mechatronics & Materials Institute) ;
- Jung, Yun-Chul (Daegu Mechatronics & Materials Institute) ;
- Kim, Young-Suk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2010.12.15
- Accepted : 2011.07.05
- Published : 2011.09.01
Because of their high flexibility and durability, multilayer bellows are manufactured for use in commercial vehicles, while single-layer bellows are manufactured for use in passenger vehicles. A study based on the finite element method (FEM) and shape optimization for the single-layer bellows has been actively performed; however, until now, a study based on the FEM has rarely been performed for the multilayer bellows with gaps between the layers. This paper presents a finite-element modeling scheme for the multilayer bellows to improve simulation reliability during the evaluation of stress and flexibility. For performing shape optimization for the multilayer bellows, DOE (design of experiment) and the Kriging metamodel followed by the D-optimal method are used.
Multi-layer bellows;Flexibility;Design of experiment;Kriging;D-Optimal method
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Koh, B. K. and Park, G. J., 1997, "Development of Finite Element Analysis Program and Simplified Formulas of Bellows and Shape Optimization," Trans. Of the KSME(A), Vol. 21, pp. 1195-1208.
- Younsheng, L., 1990, "Strength Analysis and Structural Optimization of U-Shaped Bellows," Int. J. Pres. Ves. & Piping, Vol. 42, pp. 33-46. https://doi.org/10.1016/0308-0161(90)90053-K
- Lee, S. H., Sim, D. S. and Oh, S. G., 2005, "A Numerical Analysis Study on Evaluation of the Reliability for Bellows in the Vehicle Exhaust System," J. of the Korea Society for Power System Engineering, Vol. 9, pp. 77-82.
- Kim, H. S., H Kim,. J., Kim, H. G. and Lee, J. S., 2007, "Shape Optimum Design of Ship's Bellows Using Statistical Method," J. of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 21, pp. 55-60
- Oh, S. K., Suh, C. H., Jung, Y-C., Kim, D. B., Sung, J. H. and Kim, Y. S., 2008, "Optimization of Design Variables of the Multi Layer Bellows Using FESimulation and Design of Experiment," Fall Conference of KSTP, pp. 277-280.
- Sacks, J., Welch, W. J., Mitchell, T. J. and H. P., 1989, Design and Analysis of Computer Experiments, Statistical Science, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 409-423 https://doi.org/10.1214/ss/1177012413
- Oh, S. K., Lee, K. K., Suh, C. H., Park, C. W., Jung, M. H. and Kim, Y. S., 2010, "Optimization of Unified Molding Process Using the Kriging meta-model," Spring Conference of KSME, pp.118-122.
- Lee, K. K. and Han, S. H., 2010, "Development of Computational Orthogonal Array based Fatigue Life Prediction Model for Shape Optimization of Turbine Blade," Trans. Of the KSME(A), Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 611-617.
- SAS Institute Inc., 2009, JMP User's Guide.
- Montgomery, M., 1995, Response Surface Methodology - Process and Product Optimization Using Designed Experiments, John Wiley & Sons.
- Nguyen, N. K. and Miller, F. L., 1992, "A Review of Some Exchange Algorithms for Constructing Discrete D-optimal Design," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Vol. 14, Issue 4, pp. 489-498. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-9473(92)90064-M
- Finite Element Analysis of Large Deformation of Fiber Metal Laminates Under Bending for Stress-Strain Prediction vol.39, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.10.963
- Prediction of Dynamics of Bellows in Exhaust System of Vehicle Using Equivalent Beam Modeling vol.39, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.11.1105