- Volume 35 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Study on Three-Dimensional Curved-Surface Machining Using Industrial Articulated Robot
다관절 로봇을 이용한 3차원 곡면가공 방안에 관한 연구
- Jung, Chang-Wook (Industrial Research Institute, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.) ;
- Noh, Tae-Yang (Industrial Research Institute, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2010.12.20
- Accepted : 2011.07.11
- Published : 2011.09.01
NC machines are generally used for machining operations because of their position accuracy, path accuracy, and machining reaction force. However, some NC machines require a very large space and are expensive. Recently, industrial articulated robot arms with large handling capability and wrist torque have been developed and the corresponding sensor technology has been improved. A machining robot for three-dimensional large curved objects was developed on the basis of an automatic-path-generation method. A self-position-compensation method with a laser displacement sensor was adopted for the six-axis robot developed, because the large articulated robot arms had poor position accuracy. An automatic-path-generation method using specific points was adopted to reduce the number of teaching points and time. In order to determine the proper machining conditions, various machining conditions such as tool rotation speed, cutting angle, cutting depth, and tool moving speed, were evaluated.
Articulated Robot;Curved Surface;Machining;Laser Displacement Sensor;Teaching Point
- Noh, T.-y. Lee, Y.-s. Jung, C.-w. and Oh, Y.-c., 2009, "Development of a Grinding Robot System for the Engine Cylinder Liner's Oil Groove" Trans. Of the KSME(A), Vol. 33, No. 6, pp. 614-619.
- Jung, C.W., Lee, Y.S., Kim, J.G., Jeon, D.J., Kim, J.O. and Park, J.W., 2007, "Development Of Off-Line- Programming System For Automatic Propeller Grinding Robot System," ASME 2007 International Mechanical Engineering Congress And Exposition (IMECE2007), Paper No. IMECE2007-41755 pp. 807-811.
- Park, J.-W., Lee, J.-G. and Jun, C.-S., 2009, "Near net-shape five-axis face milling of marine propellers," International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 5-12. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-009-0065-5
- Shin, Y.H., Park, J.H. and Jeong, Y.C., 2003, "Mold Machining Simulation Using DVM and Z-Map Complex Model," Journal of Korean Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 47-56.
- Nikravesh, P. E., 1988, "Computer Aided Analysis of Mechanical Systems," Prentice Hall, , pp. 347-352.
- Hyundai Heavy Industry Co. Ltd., 2001, "Hi4a Controller Manual," Hyndai Heavy Industry, pp. 11-1-11-20.
- Kim, J., 2001, "Control System Design," Chungmungak, pp. 518-561.