- Volume 35 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Caulking and Gap Analysis for a Ball Joint
볼 조인트의 코킹 및 유격해석
- Hwang, Seok-Cheol (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.) ;
- Kim, Jong-Kyu (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.) ;
- Seo, Sun-Min (Central corporation.) ;
- Han, Seung-Ho (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.) ;
- Lee, Kwon-Hee (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.)
- Received : 2011.02.11
- Accepted : 2011.07.11
- Published : 2011.09.01
Ball joint is a rotating and swiveling element that is typically the interface between two parts. In an automobile, the ball joint is the component that connects the control arms to the steering knuckles by playing a role of bearing. The ball joint can also be installed in linkage systems for motion control applications. This paper describes the simulation strategy for a ball joint analysis, considering manufacturing process. Its manufacturing process can be divided into plugging and spinning. Then, the interested response is selected as the stress distribution generated between its ball and bearing. In this paper, a commercial code of NX DAFUL 2.0 using an implicit integration method is introduced to calculate the response. In addition, the gap analysis is performed to investigate the fitness. Also, the optimum design is suggested through case studies.
Ball Joint;Caulking Analysis;Dynamic Analysis;Gap Analysis
Supported by : 동아대학교
- Koh, S. K. and Hwang, H. Y., 2006, " Stress Analysis of Rubber Spring Seats for Automotive Steering Ball Joints using Finite Element Method," Trans. of the KSAE, Vol. 2, pp. 1172-1177.
- Yoo, D. W. and Lee, J. H., 2009, "A Study on the Sliding Ball joint of Parallel Kinematic Mechanism," Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 33, No. 9, pp. 982-989. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.9.982
- NX DAFUL 2.0, 2009, User's Manual, Ver 3.0, Virtual Motion.
- Ryu, H. S., Jang, J. S., Choi, J. H. and Bea, D. S., 2004, "Track System Interactions Betweem the Track Link and Ground," Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 28, No. 11, pp. 1711-1718.
- Park, C. K., Lee, K. K., Lee, T. H. and Bea, D. S., 2003, "Optimization of a Train Suspension using Kriging Model," Trans. of the KSME (A), Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 864-870. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2003.27.6.864
- HYPER MESH 10.0, 2010, User's Manual, Altair.
- Investigation of Friction Noise in Ball Joint Under Edge Loading Condition vol.38, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.7.779