- Volume 35 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Concept Development and Review of Current Technical Issues for SFR Steam Generator
소듐냉각 고속로용 증기발생기 기술분석 및 개념개발
- Nam, Ho-Yun (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jong-Bum (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Jae-Han (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Park, Chang-Gyu (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2010.04.13
- Accepted : 2011.07.01
- Published : 2011.09.01
A steam generator poses many difficulties during the development of a sodium-cooled fast reactor because of the sodium-water-reaction problems. Until now, several types of steam generators have been developed, but the specifications of these generators differed in each country. Moreover, even if a country had developed a steam generator, it was not used in the subsequent reactor because the current techniques were not stabilized to select the proper steam generator. As a common development, the Benson steam cycle with few welding locations and high economical efficiency may be adopted. Moreover, the design is dwelled on the convenience of inspection, detection, control, and maintenance for the wear caused by sodiumwater reactions. The specifications of the designed steam generators were reviewed and the current technical problems for steam generators were analyzed. Concepts were proposed to overcome the current technical problems for steam generators.
- Nam, H., Kim, J., Lee, J. and Park, C., 2011, "Review of the SFR Steam Generator," KAERI, KEARI/AR-877/2011.
- Nam, H., Choi, B. and Kim, J., 2010, "On the Design Concept Technology Development of a Double Wall Tube Steam Generator," Trans. Of the KSME(A), Vol. 34, No. 9, pp. 1217-1225. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.9.1217
- Hishida, M., Kubo, S., Konomura, M. and Toda, M., 2007, "Progress on the Plant Design Concept of Sodium Cooled Fast Reactor," J. of Nucl. Sci. and Tech., Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 303-308. https://doi.org/10.3327/jnst.44.303
- Sessions, C.E., Harman, D. and Kindell, W.H., 1974, "Nuclear Steam Generator Materials Technology: Development of Duplex Tubing for Nuclear Steam Generator," Trans. ANS, 18, pp. 117-118.
- Kashiwakura, J., Tachi, Y., Nagata, S., Fujii, T., Morita, T. and Fujii-e, Y., 1991, "Study of a Plant without an Intermediate System Study of the Helically Coiled Double Wall Tube Steam Generator with Fluid Head Structure," Proc. of Int. fast Reactors and Related Fuel Cycles: FR91.
- Kakarala, C.R. and Boardman, C.E., 1990, "Advanced Liquid Metal Reactor Helical Coil Steam Generator," ASME NE-Vol.5, Book No. G00548-1990.
- Kisohara, N., Moribe, T. and Sakai, T., 2006, "Flow and Temperature Distribution Evaluation on Sodium Heated Large-sized Straight Double Wall Tube Steam Generator," Proc. of ICAPP '06, Reno, USA, Jun 4-8, 516-524.
- IAEA, 1984, "Specialists' Meeting on Maintenance and Repair of LMFBR Steam Generators, " IWGFR/53.
- Riou, B., Verwaerde, D. and Mignot, G., 2009, "Design Features of Advanced Sodium Cooled Fast Reactots with Emphasis on Economics," IAEA, Int. Conf. FR09, Kyoto, Japan.
- Dawson, B.E., 1979, "Preliminary Design: Duplex Tube Low-Pressure Saturated steam Generator for Large LMFBR Plant,"EPRI NP-1219.
- ASME, 2007, "2007 ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code: Section-VIII," The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Bushman, H.W., Penney, H., Quillici, M.D. and Radtke, W.H., 1981, "Operating Experience of the EBR-II Steam Generator System," ASME 81-JPGCNE- 4.