- Volume 35 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Study of Acoustic Emission Parameters Involved in Burst Test for CNG-Vehicle Fuel Tank
자동차용 CNG 연료탱크의 파열시험시 발생하는 음향방출변수 분석
- Jee, Hyun-Sup (Korea Institute of Materials Science) ;
- Lee, Jong-O (Korea Institute of Materials Science) ;
- Ju, No-Hoe (Korea Institute of Materials Science) ;
- Lee, Jong-Kyu (Pukyung National Univ.)
- Received : 2011.05.03
- Accepted : 2011.07.19
- Published : 2011.09.01
This study is performed on the acoustic emission parameters involved in a burst test for a CNG-vehicle fuel tank. A resonant AE sensor with a central frequency of 150 kHz was attached on the composite materials in the center of the fuel tank. The analysis of AE parameters such as hit, amplitude, count, duration, risetime, and signal strength during load holding was performed. The total count and total signal strength are effective tools for the damage evaluation of a CNG fuel tank.
Acoustic Emission;NDT;Fuel Tank
- Seiff, H. E., 2008, "Some Things to be Learned from the Other Compressed Gas Fuel System," CVEF.
- Beeson, H. D., Davis, D. D., W. Ross, L., Tapphorn, Sr. R. M., 2002, "Composite Overwrapped Pressure Vessels,"NASA, TP-2002-210769
- Toughiry, M., 2002, "Examination Of The Nondestructive Evaluation of Composite Gas Cylinders," United States Department of Transportation, NTIAC/A7621-18:CRCCD8.1
- General Motors Corporation, 1997, "Development of Inspection Technology for NGV Fuel Tanks," FaAA-SF-R-97-05-04
- Lee, J.O., Lee, J.S. Yoon, U.H. and Lee, S.H., 1996, "Evaluation of Adhesive Bonding Quality by Acoustic Emission," J. of KSNT, Vol. 16, No. 2.
- Akhtar, A., Kung, D. and Westrook, D.R., 2000, "Acoustic Emission from FRP Damaged Hoop Wrapped Cylinders," Materials Evaluation, Vol. 58, No. 3, pp. 462-469.