- Volume 35 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Three-Dimensional Strip Profile for 6-High Mill in Thin-Strip Rolling
6 단 압연기의 극박 압연공정에서 3 차원 판 형상 예측
- Received : 2010.09.30
- Accepted : 2011.05.23
- Published : 2011.08.01
We predict the rolled-strip profile for a 6-high mill using thin rolling theory and a numerical model. In the numerical model, we calculate the distributions of the contact pressures between the rolls and the rolling pressure between the strip and the work roll in the transverse direction using the geometric structure of the 6-high mill and the boundary conditions. We determine the distribution of the rolling pressure in the rolling direction via a thin-foil rolling model using Fleck's theory. We calculate the three-dimensional elastic deformation of the work roll using the pressures of the width and rolling directions. We then obtain the three-dimensional strip profile via the elastic deformation of the work roll during the rolling process. The profile is verified by a thin cold-rolling test and FE simulation.
6 High-Mill;Rolling Force;Thin Cold Rolling;3-Dimensional Strip Profile;Hertz Theory
- Fleck, N. A. and Johnson, K. L., 1987, "Toward a New Theory of Cold Rolling Thin Foil," International Journal of Mechanical Science, Vol. 29, No. 7, pp. 507-524 https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7403(87)90012-9
- Park, H. D. and Lee, J. J., 1988, "The Simulating Model to Strip Profile of 6 High Tandem Cold Rolling Mill," Proceedings of the KSME Spring Annual Meeting, pp. 170-173
- Lee, H.S., Lee, Y. S. and Sim, W. B., 2001, "Control Technology of Thickness Deviation of Width Direction in Cold Rolling Mill," The 4th Rolling symposium.
- Shi, X., Li, S. Q., Liu, X. H., Wang, G. D. and Xu, J. Y., 2004, "FEM Analysis for Steel Strip Deformation in Cold Rolling Process," Iron and Steel, Vol. 39, No. 11, pp. 45-48.
- Han, S. Y., 1996, "Improvement Effect of Thickness Profile by Tapered Work Rolls," Proceedings of the KSME Fall Annual Meeting, 96F182, pp. 1094-1099.
- Yu, H. L., Liu, X. H., Lee, G. T. and Park, H. D., 2008, "Numerical Analysis of Strip Edge Drop for Sendzimir Mill," Journal of a Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 208, pp. 42-52. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2007.12.124
- Song, G. H., Park, H. D., Shin, S. K. and Jin, C. J., 1998, "Analysis of Edge Drop and Development of Numerical Formula for Edge Drop Control of Cold Rolled Sheet," Trans. Of the KSME, A, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 723-730.
- William, L. R., 1978, "Cold Rolling of Steel," pp. 511-515.
- Han, S. Y., Kim, J. T., Lee, Y. H., Yi, J. J. and Kim, J. K., 1990, "Improvement on Edge Drop by Change of Work Roll Type in Silicon Steel Rolling," Trans. Of the KSME, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 830-838.
- Effect of Shape Design Variables on Flexibly-Reconfigurable Roll Forming of Multi-curved Sheet Metal vol.23, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2014.23.2.103
Grant : 중기거점기술개발사업