- Volume 35 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Experimental Modeling of MR Damper for Cruise Bus
우등버스용 MR 댐퍼의 실험적 모델링
- Sohn, Jeong-Hyun (Dept. of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Jun, Chul-Woong (Graduate school of Mechatronics Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2010.11.16
- Accepted : 2011.06.08
- Published : 2011.08.01
In this paper, we analyze the characteristic test results of an MR damper for a cruise bus, and we model the nonlinear hysteretic characteristics of the damper using arctangent and polynomial functions. We establish an experimental model of the MR damper according to the input current, and we set the model parameters using the MATLAB Optimization Toolbox. The model is verified via a computer simulation of a full-car model.
MR Damper;Cruise Bus;Vehicle Dynamics;Computer Simulation
- Suh, K. H., Kuk, J. Y. and Chyun, I.B., 2001, "A Study on the Handling Performances of a Large-Sized Bus with the Change of Rear Suspension Geometry," In Proceedings of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 176-183.
- Spencer Jr., B.F., Dyke, S.J., Sain, M.K. and Carlson, J.D., 1997, "Phenomenological Model of a Magneto Rheological Damper," J. Engineering Mechanics Division, ASCE, Vol. 123, No. 3, pp. 230-238. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1997)123:3(230)
- MSC/ADAMS User's Guide, 2008, MSC software Corporation, USA.