- Volume 35 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Approximate Friction and Gravity Compensation in Haptic Laparoscopic Surgery Simulator
햅틱 복강경 수술 시뮬레이터의 마찰력 및 중력 보상
- Received : 2010.12.16
- Accepted : 2011.05.02
- Published : 2011.08.01
Laparoscopic surgery is being used in various surgical fields because it minimizes scarring. Laparoscopic operations require practical hand skills, so surgeons train on animals and via surgery training tool sets. However, these tool sets do not give the surgeon the sensation of touching real organs. A recently developed laparoscope simulator has a high friction force along the translational axis and a high gravity force along the pitch axis, and therefore it does not permit the operator to control his or her hands delecately. In the paper, the friction force along the axes is auumed to depend on the veolcity, and the gravity force on the angle and distance. We develop a compensation model that combines the gravity and friction force models.
Haptics;Friction Compensation;Gravity Force Compensation;Laparoscope
- Clover, C. L., 1999, "A Control-System Architecture for Robots Used to Simulate Dynamic Force and Moment Interaction between Humans and Virtual Objects," IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics Part C Applications and Reviews, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 481-493. https://doi.org/10.1109/5326.798763
- Kwon, D.S. and Woo, K.Y., 2000, "Control of The Haptic Interface with Friction Compensation and Its Performance Evaluation," Proceedings of the 2000 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol. 2, pp. 955-960. https://doi.org/10.1109/IROS.2000.893142
- Webster, R., Haluck, R., Zoppetti, G., Benson, A., Boyd, J., Charles, N., Reeser, J. and Sampson, S, 2003, "A Haptic Surgical Simulator for Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Using Real-time Deformable Organs," Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, pp. 25-27.
- Sickle, K. R., McClusky III, D. A., Gallagher, A. G. and Smith, C. D., 2005, "Construct Validation of The ProMIS Simulator Using a Novel Laparoscopic Suturing Task," Surgical Endoscopy, Vol. 19, No. 9, pp. 1227-1231. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00464-004-8274-6
- Kim, L. H., Park, S. H. and Ha, S. D, 2004, "Haptic Rendering Techniques and Applications," Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, Vol. 21, No. 11, pp. 18-24.
- Choi, J. S., Song, S. J., Park, J. W, Beck, D. J., Kim, Y. W. and Sun, K. 2009, "Development of a haptic interface for laparoscopic surgery simulator," Conference on information and control system, pp. 121-122.
- Tustin, A., 1947, "The Effects of Backlash and of Speed-Dependent Friction on the Stability of Closed-Cycle Control Systems," Journal of the Institution of Electrical Engineers, Vol.94, No.1, pp. 143-151.
- Fang, L., Chen, W.J. and Cheang, S.U., 2001, "Friction Compensation for a Double Inverted Pendulum," IEEE International Conference On Control Applications, pp. 908-913. https://doi.org/10.1109/CCA.2001.973985
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원