- Volume 35 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Diagnostic System for Crashing and Damping Signals in Engine-Assembly Line
엔진 양산라인의 충격성 불량유형 신호 진단을 위한 진단시스템 개발
- Received : 2010.12.12
- Accepted : 2011.05.11
- Published : 2011.08.01
We develop a diagnostic system to monitor failures in an engine-assembly line. Existing techniques such as sensory analysis, time domain analysis, frequency analysis, and statistical analysis have limitations in the diagnosis of engine-assembly failure when there are abnormal vibration waveforms (crashing and damping signals) during the assembly. We use a wavelet technique to deal with crashing and damping signals. We also implement a new technique for developing diagnostic rules from sensor data, and we demonstrate its validity.
Engine Assembly;Fault Diagnosis;Vibration Signal
- Lebold, M., McClintic, K., Campbell, R., Byington, C. and Maynard, K. 2000, "Review of Vibration Analysis Methods for Gearbox Diagnostics and Prognostics," Proceedings of the 54th Meeting of the Society for Machinery Failure Prevention Technology, May 1-4, pp. 623-634.
- Hammond, J. K. and White, P. R., 1996, "The Analysis of Non-Stationary Signals Using Time-Frequency Methods," Journal of Sound and vibration, Vol. 190, No. 3, pp. 419-447. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1996.0072
- Sood, A. K., Friedlander, C. B. and Fahs, A. A., 1985, "Engine Fault Analysis: Part I-Statistical Methods," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 32, No. 4 pp. 294-300. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.1985.350100
- Li, C., Zheng, C. and Tai, C., 1995, "Detection of ECG Characteristic Points Using Wavelet Transforms" IEEE Transactions On Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp. 21-28. https://doi.org/10.1109/10.362922
- Zhunge, Q., Lu, Y. and Yang, S., 1990, "Nonstationary Modelling of vibration Signals for Monitoring the Condition of Machinery," Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 4, No. 5 pp. 335-365.
- Development of Moving Average Prediction Diagnostic Module for Vibration Parameter Influenced by Environmental Factors vol.37, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.6.797