- Volume 35 Issue 8
This paper presents the design concepts of a protector for a launch-reconnaissance robot that is to be deployed for data-collection in hazardous regions. The protector protects the reconnaissance robot inside from shock induced during the process of launch, flight, and landing. Since the outer shells of the protector are automatically opened wide by the unlocking mechanism during the landing stage, the reconnaissance robot can easily exit the protector and move around to carry out its mission. We carefully simulated a finite-element model of the protector with the robot and compared the results with the actual dynamic behavior of the system. Shock- response tests using a droptable showed that the proposed protector filled with silicon material successfully attenuated external shock.
Protector;Reconnaissance Robot;Shock Analysis;Unlocking Mechanism;Drop Test
- Maurette, M., 2003, "Mars Rover Autonomous Navigation," Autonomous Robots, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 199-208. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1022283719900
- O'Halloran, D., Wolf, A. and Choset, H., 2004, "Design of a High-Impact Survivable Robot," Proc. IEEE Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3551-3558. https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBOT.2004.1308803
- Siegwart, R. and Nourbakhsh, I., 2004, Introduction to Autonomous Mobile Robot, The MIT Press.
- Kim, J. Y., Park, I. W. and Oh, J. H., 2009, "Experimental Realization of Dynamic Stair Climbing and Descending of Biped Humanoid Robot, HUBO. " International Journal of Humanoid Robotics, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 205-240. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219843609001723
- Yamaguchi, H., 2003, "A Distributed Motion Coordination Strategy for Multiple Nonholonomic Mobile Robots in Cooperative Hunting Operations," Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol .43, No. 4, pp. 257-282. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-8890(03)00037-X
- Hougen, D.F., 2000, "Miniature Robotic System for Reconnaissance and Surveillance," Proc. IEEE conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp.501-507. https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBOT.2000.844104
- Kim, C.-Y., Jung, W.-S., Kang, B.-S., Kim, K.-S. and Kim, S.-H., 2010, "Development of the Crossbow Type Launcher for a Cmall Reconnaissance Robot," Proc. Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology Conference
- Kim, J., Lee, J. and Lee, S., 2001, "Drop/Impact Simulation and Experimental Verification of Mobile Phone," Trans. of the KSME( A), Vol. 25, No.4, pp. 695-702.
- Joung, J.-H., Kim, H.-B.-R., Seong, Y.-H. and Choi, H.-H., 2007, "A Study on Strength Evaluation of LCD Glass for Drop Test," Trans. of the KSPE, Vol. 24, No. 10, pp. 99-108.
- Park, M.S. and Kang, B.S., 2011, "Gaussian Kernel Smoothing of Explicit ransient Responses for the Drop Impact Analysis," Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 35, No. 3, pp.289-297. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.3.289
- Piersol, A.G. and Paez, T.L., 2010, Harris' Shock and Vibration Handbook (Sixth Ed.) , McGraw-Hill.
- Department of Defence, 1989, MIL-STD-810F, Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests.
- IEC, 2008, Environmental Testing Part 2-27:Shock.