- Volume 11 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Impact of the Radiation Absorbed dose on the Microelements of Tissues in Living Bodies
방사선 선량이 생체 내 조직에서 미량원소에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2011.04.27
- Accepted : 2011.07.11
- Published : 2011.08.28
We looked into the content change of microelements participating in the metabolism among the impacts of radiation energy on living bodies. We irradiated X-rays of 1 Gy, 5 Gy and 10 Gy to the whole bodies of mice, and then analyzed the liver tissues. We found that the microelement content had changed in some elements compared with the control group. When it came to changes by radiation dose, there was no significant change with the absorbed level of 1 Gy, but the higher absorbed levels of 5 Gy and 10 Gy reduced the content of Ca and Mn. In particular, the Ca content was reduced the most, apparently causing symptoms such as muscle tension and chronic headache, etc. The increased element was Al, which was found to have increased by 100%. In regard to the content change according to the time elapsed after irradiation, the contents of Fe, Ba, etc. showed the tendency of reduction. The content of Cd, a harmful element, increased by 25%, and it seemed that the element was involved in the calcium metabolism. Therefore, cell damage by radiation energy is determined to have an impact on the content change of microelements and considered to be partly related to a cause of precursor symptoms.
- 김미경, 왕수경, 신동순, 권오란, "생활속의 영양학", 제2판, 라이프사이언스, pp.278-345, 2010.
- R, J. Williams, "The mineral elements in homoeostasis and morphogenesis," Biochem Soc Trans, Vol.18, No.5, pp.689-705, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1042/bst0180689
- D. K. Combs, R. D. Goodrich, and J. C. Meiske, "Mineral concentrations in hair as indicators of mineral status: a review," J Anim Sci, Vol.54, No.2, pp.391-398, 1982. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1982.542391x
- M. Yasui, "Calcium and the degenerative neurological diseases," Clin Calcium, Vol.14, No.1, pp.110-117, 2004.
- 김소운, "생명의 균형 미네랄 3.5%" 북폴리오, 2005.
- O. Micke, L. Schomburg, J. Buentzel, K. Kisters, R. Muecke, "Selenium in oncology: from chemistry to clinics," Molecules, Vol.14, No.10, pp.3975-3988, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules14103975
- A. A. Korolev, B. P. Sukhanov, I. P. Korenkov, A. V. Vasil'ev, Mal'tsev GIu, N. M. Merzliakova, Poliakov IuA, and L. A. Orlova, "Effects of mineral contents of a ration on indicators of radiation resistance of the body," Gig Sanit, Vol.3, pp.19-21, 1995.
- E. Kolb, E. Grün, K. Nestler, and S. Eichler, "Content of minerals (Na,K,Ca,Mg) and of trace elements (Fe,Cu and Zn) in 13 different tissues of fallow deer (Dama dama L.) of various ages," Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr, Vol.114, No.3-4, pp.127-133, 2001.
- T. Saetersdal, H. Engedal, J. Røli, and R. Myklebust, "Calcium and magnesium levels in isolated mitochondria from human cardiac biopsies." Histochemistry, Vol.68, No.1, pp.1-8, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00498494
- O. A. Levander, "Lead toxicity and nutritional deficiencies," Environ Health Perspect, Vol.29, pp.115-125, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.7929115
- Tolosa de Talamoni NG, "Calcium and phosphorous deficiencies alter the lipid composition and fluidity of intestinal basolateral membranes," Comp Biochem Physiol A Physiol, Vol.115, No.4, pp.309-315, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0300-9629(96)00083-7
- M. Hambidge, "Human zinc deficiency," J Nutr. Vol.130, pp.1344S-1349S, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/130.5.1344S
- R. S. Lymbury, M. J.Marino, A. V. Perkins, "Effect of dietary selenium on the progression of heart failure in the ageing spontaneously hypertensive rat," Mol Nutr Food Res, Vol.54, No.10, pp.1436-1444, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1002/mnfr.201000012
- M. G. Boosalis, "The role of selenium in chronic disease," Nutr Clin Pract, Vol.23, No.2, pp.152-160, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/0884533608314532
- 지태정, "신장 조직의 방사선 손상과 천연물질의 방어기전 연구", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.9, No.12, pp.297-304, 2009.
- 지태정, "알리인 투여 후 혈소판의 방사선 방어기전 연구", 방사선기술과학, Vol.33, No.3, pp.185-191, 2010.
- J. Zarocostas, "UNICEF calls for efforts to eradicate vitamin deficiency," Lancet, Vol.31, pp.363-378, 2004.
- 생노병사의 비밀, "생명의 원소 미네랄! 3.5%의 균형을 유지하라!", KBS, 2004,
- R. J. Williams, "Calcium", Methods Mol Biol, Vol.172, pp.21-49, 2002.
- S. A. Counter, L. H. Buchanan, H. D. Rosas, and F. Ortega, "Neurocognitive effects of chronic lead intoxication in Andean children," J Neurol Sci, Vol.18, No.1, pp.47-53, 1998.
- Q. G. Tan, W. X. Wang, "Acute toxicity of cadmium in Daphnia magna under different calcium and pH conditions: importance of influx rate," Environ Sci Technol, Vol.1, No.5, pp.1970-1976, 2011.
- R. S. Berger, J. L. Fu, K. A. Smiles, C. B. Turner, B. M. Schnell, K. M. Werchowski, and K. M. Lammers, "The effects of minoxidil, 1% pyrithione zinc and a combination of both on hair density: a randomized controlled tria," Br J Dermatol, Vol.149, No.2, pp.354-362, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2133.2003.05435.x
- T. J. JI, B. I. Min, and E. W. Seo, "Effect of Propolis on Blood Components and Tissues of Mouse after Low dose X-ray Irradiation," 대한의생명과학회지, Vol.12, No.1, pp.43-48, 2006.