- Volume 11 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Is There Any Spousal Concordance of Cerebrovascular Risk Factors in Stroke Patients? : A Preliminary Study
뇌졸중 환자에서 배우자 사이에 뇌혈관 질환의 위험요인 일치성이 있는가? : 예비 연구
- Lee, Hyung-Suk ;
- Ko, Young-Chai ;
- Baek, Shin-Hye ;
- Shin, Kyeong-Seob ;
- Kim, Ji-Sun ;
- Han, Hyun-Jeong ;
- Shin, Dong-Ick
- 이형석 (충북대학교 의과대학 신경과학교실) ;
- 고영채 (을지의과대학교 신경과학교실) ;
- 백신혜 (충북대학교 의과대학 신경과학교실) ;
- 신경섭 (충북대학교 의과대학 진단검사의학교실) ;
- 김지선 (충북대학교 의과대학 신경과학교실) ;
- 한현정 (관동대학교 의과대학 신경과학교실) ;
- 신동익 (충북대학교 의과대학 신경과학교실)
- Received : 2011.04.07
- Accepted : 2011.05.09
- Published : 2011.05.28
Familial concordance of vascular risk factors is well understood and there are many studies about inter-spouse concordance of the risk factors for coronary heart disease. However, there are no studies for inter-spousal relation of the risk factors in cerebrovascular disease patients. We analysed inter-spouse correlation of cerebrovascular risk factors in patients admitted our hospital due to stroke and their spouses. There was statistically significant inter-spouse concordance in the presence of hypertension(p=0.025) and carotid IMT(r=0.479, p=0.001). However, the further age-adjusted analysis revealed no significant result. Differently from the results of previous studie,, the present study shows no significant spousal concordance. Althought there are tendencies of spousal concordance in some risk factors, the age is major determinant.
Cerebrovascular Risk Factor;Spousal Concordance
Supported by : 충북대학교
- 통계청, 2009년 사망원인통계, 통계청, 2009.
- 대한뇌졸중학회, 뇌졸중, 이퍼블릭, 2009.
- M. L. Bots, A. W. Hoes, P. J. Koudstaal, A. Hofman, and D. E. Grobbee, "Common carotid intima-media thickness and risk of stroke and myocardial infarction:the Rotterdam Study," Circulation, Vol.96, pp.1432-1437, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.96.5.1432
- D. S. Gochman, Health Behavior: emerging research perspectives, Plenum Publishing Corp, 1988.
- L. C. Macken, B. Yates, and S. Blancher, "Concordance of risk factors in female spouses of male patients with coronary heart disease," J Cardiopulm Rehabil, Vol.20, No.2, pp.361-368, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1097/00008483-200011000-00005
- M. W. Knuiman, M. L. Divitini, H. C. Bartholomew, and T. A. Welborn, "Spouse correlations in cardiovascular risk factors and the effect of marriage duration," Am J Epidemiol, Vol.143, No.1, pp.48-53, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a008656
- D. C. Augusto, Q. Gianni, B. D. Maria, D. G. Giovanni, and I. Licia, "Spousal concordance for major coronary risk factors: A systematic review and meta-analysis," Am J Epidemiol, Vol.169, pp.1-8, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwp124
- P. Pignoli, E. Tremoli, A. Poli, P. Oreste, and R. Paoletti, "Intima plus medial thickness of the arterial wall: A direct measurement with ultrasound imaging," Circulation, Vol.74, pp.1399-1406, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.74.6.1399
- D. L. Sackett, G. D. Anderson, R. Milner, M. Feinleib and W. B. Kannel, "Concordance for coronary risk factors among spouses," Circulation, Vol.52, No.4, pp.589-595, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.52.4.589
- S. M. Garn, P. E. Cole, and S. M. Bailey, "Living together as a factor in family-line resemblances," Hum Biol, Vol.51, pp.565-587, 1979.
- R. J. Garrison, W. P. Castelli, M. Feinleib, W. B. Kannel, R. J. Havlik, and S. J. Padgett, "The association of total cholesterol, triglycerides and plasma lipoprotein cholesterol levels in first degree relatives and spouse pairs," Am J Epidemiol, Vol.110, pp.313-321, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a112816
- M. A. Speers, S. Y. kasl, D. H. Freeman Jr. and A. M. Ostfeld, "Blood pressure concordance between spouses," Am J Epiderniol, Vol.123, pp.818-829, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a114311
- E. Barrett-Comr, L. Suarez, and M. H. Criqui, "Spouse concordance of plasma cholesterol and triglyceride," J Chronic Dis, Vol.35, pp.33-40, 1982.
- E. Barrett-Cmr and L. Suarez, "Spouse concordance for fasting plasma glucose in non-diabetics," Am J Epidemiol, Vol.116, pp.475-481, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a113432
- S. Uchiyama, Y. Shibata, T. Hirabayashi, B. Mihara, N. Hamashige, and K. Kitagawa, "Risk factor profiles of stroke, myocardial infarction, and atrial fibrillation: a Japanese Multicenter Cooperative Registry," J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis, Vol.19, No.3, pp.190-197, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2009.04.004
- H. J. Koh, T. Yoo, and H. S. Lee, "Spouse concordance of coronary risk factors and the effect of marriage duration," J Korean Acad Fam Med, Vol.21, pp.163-174, 2000.
- T. A. Falba and J. L. Sindelar, "Spousal concordance in health behavior change," Health Serv Res, Vol.43, pp.96-116, 2008.
- H. C. Kim, D. R. Kang, K. S. Choi, C. M. Nam, G. N. Thomas, and I. Suh, "Spousal concordance of metabolic syndrome in 3141 Korean couples: a nationwide survey," Ann Epidemiol, Vol.16, No.4, pp.292-298, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2005.07.052
- A. Di Castelnuovo, G. Quacquaruccio, J. Arnout, F. P. Cappucio, M. de Lorgeril, and C. Dirckx, "Cardiovascular risk factors and global risk of fatal cardiovascular disease are positively correlated between partners of 802 married couples from different European countries: report from the IMMIDIET project," Thromb Haemost, Vol.98, pp.648-655, 2007 https://doi.org/10.1160/TH07-01-0024
- S. H. Jee, I. Suh, S. Y. Won, and M. Kim, "Familial correlation and heritability for cardiovascular risk factors," Yonsei Med J, Vol.43, No.2, pp.160-164, 2002. https://doi.org/10.3349/ymj.2002.43.2.160
- K. Inoue, T. Sawada, H. Suge, Y. Nao, and M. Igarashi, "Spouse concordance of obesity, blood pressures and serum risk factors for atherosclerosis," J Hum Hypertens, Vol.10, No.7, pp.455-459, 1996.