- Volume 11 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Forecasting Short-Term KOSPI using Wavelet Transforms and Fuzzy Neural Network
웨이블릿 변환과 퍼지 신경망을 이용한 단기 KOSPI 예측
- Received : 2011.03.29
- Accepted : 2011.04.07
- Published : 2011.06.28
The methodology of KOSPI forecast has been considered as one of the most difficult problem to develop accurately since short-term KOSPI is correlated with various factors including politics and economics. In this paper, we presents a methodology for forecasting short-term trends of stock price for five days using the feature selection method based on a neural network with weighted fuzzy membership functions (NEWFM). The distributed non-overlap area measurement method selects the minimized number of input features by removing the worst input features one by one. A technical indicator are selected for preprocessing KOSPI data in the first step. In the second step, thirty-nine numbers of input features are produced by wavelet transforms. Twelve numbers of input features are selected as the minimized numbers of input features from thirty-nine numbers of input features using the non-overlap area distribution measurement method. The proposed method shows that sensitivity, specificity, and accuracy rates are 72.79%, 74.76%, and 73.84%, respectively.
Short-Term Trend;Fuzzy Neural Networks;Wavelet Transforms;Feature Selection
Supported by : 삼육대학교
- S. Mallat, "Zero Crossings of a Wavelet Transform," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, Vol. 37, No.4, pp.1019-1033, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1109/18.86995
- B. Scholkopf, A. J. Smola, R. C. Williamson, P. L. Bartlett, "New Support Vector Algorithms," Neural Computation, Vol.12, pp.1207-1245, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1162/089976600300015565
- 이은진, 민철홍, 김태선, "신경 회로망과 통계적 기법을 이용한 종합주가지수 예측 모형의 개발", 전자공학회 논문지, 제45권, 제5호, 2008.
- 이상홍, 임준식, "KOSPI 예측을 위한 NEWFM 기반의 특징입력 및 퍼지규칙 추출", 한국 인터넷정보학회 논문지, 제9권, 제1호, 2007.
- K. K. Ang and C. Quek, "Stock Trading Using RSPOP: A Novel Rough Set-Based Neuro-Fuzzy Approach," IEEE Trans. Neural Networks, Vol.17, No.5, pp.790-802, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNN.2006.875996
- J. S. Lim, "Finding Features for Real-Time Premature Ventricular Contraction Detection Using a Fuzzy Neural Network System," IEEE Trans. Neural Networks, Vol.20, Issue 3, pp.522-527, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNN.2008.2012031
- S. H. Chai and J. S. Lim, "Economic Turning Point Forecasting Using Fuzzy Neural Network and Non-Overlap Area Distribution Measurement Method," The Korean Economic Association, Vol.23, No.1, pp.111-130, 2007.
- T. V. Gestel, "Financial Time Series Prediction Using Least Squares Support Vector Machines Within the Evidence Framework," IEEE Trans. Neural Networks, Vol.12, No.4, pp.809-821, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/72.935093
- S-M Zhou and J. Q. Gan, "Constructing L2-SVM- Based Fuzzy Classifiers in High-Dimensional Space With Automatic Model Selection and Fuzzy Rule Ranking," IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.15, No.3, pp.398-409, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2006.882464
- T. Ray, H. Yenshan, and C. Charles, "Forecasting S&P 500 Stock Index Futures with a Hybrid AI System," Decision Support Systems, Vol.23, Issue 2, pp.161-174, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9236(98)00028-1
- S. H. Lee, J. S. Lim, "KOSPI Time Series Analysis Using Neural Network with Weighted Fuzzy Membership Functions," LNAI 4953, pp.53-62, 2008.
- K. J. Kim, "Artificial Neural Networks with Evolutionary Instance Selection for Financial Forecasting," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.30, Issue 3, pp.519-526, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2005.10.007
- Q. Min "Predicting US Recession with Leading Indicators via Neural Network Models," International Journal of Forecasting, Vol.17, Issue 3, pp.383-401, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-2070(01)00092-9
- J. S. Lim, "Finding Fuzzy Rules by Neural Network with Weighted Fuzzy Membership Function," International Journal of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems, Vol.4, No.2, pp.211-216, 2004. https://doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2004.4.2.211
- K. J. Kim, "Financial Time Series Forecasting using Support Vector Machines," Neurocomputing, Vol.55, Issues 1-2, pp.307-309, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-2312(03)00372-2
- J. S. Lim, S. Gupta, "Feature Selection Using Weighted Neuro-Fuzzy Membership Functions," The International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Vol.1, pp.1301-1315, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2004.
- S. A. George, P. V. Kimon, "Forecasting Stock Market Short-Term Trends using a Neuro-Fuzzy based Methodology," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.36, Issue 7, pp.10696-10707, 2009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2009.02.043
- M. Suryanarayana, B. Darcy, "Analysis of Feed forward Backpropagation Neural Networks used in Vehicle Detection," Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Tech., Vol.3, Issue 3, pp.161-174, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0968-090X(95)00004-3
- Neuro-Fuzzy Network-based Depression Diagnosis Algorithm Using Optimal Features of HRV vol.12, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.02.001