- Volume 11 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Performance Evaluation of Transmitting Brainwave Signals for Driver's Safety in Urban Area Vehicular Ad-Hoc Network
운전자의 안전을 위한 도심지역 자동차 애드혹 통신망의 뇌파전송 성능평가
- 조준모 (동명대학교 전자공학과)
- Received : 2011.02.22
- Accepted : 2011.03.31
- Published : 2011.06.28
Recently, in the U-health area, there are research related on monitoring brainwaves in real-time for coping with emergent situations like the fatigue driving, cerebral infarction or the heart attack of not only the patients but also the normal elderly folks by transmitting of the EEG(Electroencephalograph). This system could be applied to hospitals or sanatoriums. In this paper, it is applied for the vehicular ad-hoc network to prevent the car accident in advance by monitoring the brainwaves of a driver in real-time. In order to do this, I used mobile ad-hoc nodes supported in the Opnet simulator for the efficient EEG brainwave transmission in the VANET environment. The vehicular ad-hoc networks transmitting the brainwaves to the nearest road-side unit are designed and simulated to draw an efficient and proper vehicular ad-hoc network environment.
Brainwave;Vehicular Ad-Hoc Network;Performance Evaluation;Medical
- Ozan K. Tonguz, Mate Boban, Multiplayer games over Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks: A new application, Ad-Hoc Networks, Elsevier, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2009.12.009
- Sibsambhu Kar, Mayank Bhagat, Aurobinda Routray, EEG signal analysis for the assessment and quantification of driver's fatigue, Transportation Research Part F, Elsevier, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trf.2010.06.006
- Sleigh JW, Steyn-Ross DA, Steyn-Ross ML, et al: Comparison of changes in electroencephalographic measures during induction of general anaesthesia: influence of the gamma frequency band and electromyogram signal. Br J Anaesth 86:50-58, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1093/bja/86.1.50
- Han-Chieh Chao, Sherali Zeadally, Mobility pro tocols for ITS/VANET, Computer Communications 2765-2766, Elsevier, 2008.
- Mario Gerla, Leonard Kleinrock, Vehicular networks and the future of the mobile internet 5-457:469, Elsevier, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2010.10.015
- Ozan, K. Tonguz, Gianluigi Ferrari, John Wiley & Sons, Ad Hoc Wireless Networks: A Commu nication-Theoreteic Perspective, Intelligent Ad Hoc Vehicular Network Papers, 2006.
- Cooperative RSU Scheduling for Efficient Data Dissemination in VANET Environments vol.13, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.10.027