- Volume 11 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Implementation of ACS-based Wireless Sensor Network Routing Algorithm using Location Information
위치 정보를 이용한 개미 집단 시스템 기반의 무선 센서 네트워크 라우팅 알고리즘 구현
- 전혜경 (인하대학교 컴퓨터정보공학과) ;
- 한승진 (경인여자대학교 정보미디어학부) ;
- 정경용 (상지대학교 컴퓨터정보공학부) ;
- 임기욱 (선문대학교 컴퓨터정보공학부) ;
- 이정현 (인하대학교 컴퓨터정보공학과)
- Received : 2011.03.29
- Accepted : 2011.04.07
- Published : 2011.06.28
One of the objectives of research on routing methods in wireless sensor networks is maximizing the energy life of sensor nodes that have limited energy. In this study, we tried to even energy use in a wireless sensor network by giving a weight to the transition probability of ACS(Ant Colony System), which is commonly used to find the optimal path, based on the amount of energy in a sensor and the distance of the sensor from the sink. The proposed method showed improvement by 46.80% on the average in energy utility in comparison with representative routing method GPSR (Greedy Perimeter Stateless Routing), and its residual energy after operation for a specific length of time was 6.7% more on the average than that in ACS.
Sensor Network;Routing;ACS;Transition Probability
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, "A survey on sensor networks," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.40, pp.102-114, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2002.1024422
- G. Anastasi, M. Conti, M. Francesco, and A. Passarella, "Energy conservation in wireless sensor networks: A survey," Ad Hoc Networks, Vol.7, No.3, pp.537-568, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2008.06.003
- R. Szewczyk, E. Osterwil, J. Polastre, and M. Hamilton, "A Mainwaring Habitat Monitoring With Sensor Networks," Communications of the ACM Vol.47, No.6, pp.34-40, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1145/990680.990704
- B. Chen, K. Jamieson, H. Balakrishnan, and R. Morris, "Span: an energy-efficient coordination algorithm for topology maintenance in ad hoc wireless networks," Proceedings of the ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, 2001(7).
- B. Karp and H. T. Kung, "Greedy perimeter stateless forwarding for wireless networks," Proceedings of the 6th Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking(MobiCom '00), pp.243-254, Boston, MA., 2000(8).
- http://www.inf.ethz.ch/-kasten/research/bathtub/energy_consumption.html, 2001.
- M. Stemm and R. H. Katz, "Measuring and reducing energy consumption of network interfaces in hand-held devices," IEICE Transactions on Communications, E80-B, No.8, pp.1125-1131, 1997(8).
- K. Sohrabi, Protocols for self-organization of a wireless sensor network, IEEE Personal Communications Vol.7, No.5, pp.16-27, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/98.878532
- M. Younis, M. Youssef, and K. Arisha, Energy-aware routing in cluster-based sensor networks, in: Proceedings of the 10th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS2002), Fort Worth, TX, 2002(10). https://doi.org/10.1109/MASCOT.2002.1167069
- C. Schurgers and M. B. Srivastava, Energy efficient routing in wireless sensor networks, in: The MILCOM Proceedings on Communications for Network-Centric Operations:Creating the Information Force, McLean, VA, 2001.
- Y. Xu, J. Heidemann and D. Estrin, "Geography-informed energy conservation for ad-hoc routing," Proceedings of 7th Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking(MobiCom '01), pp.70-84, Rome, Italy, 2001(7). https://doi.org/10.1145/381677.381685
- Xin Liu, Q. Huang, and Ying Zhang, "Comb, needles, haystacks:balancing push and pull for discovery in large-scale sensor network," Sensys '04, 2004.
- L. M. Gambardella and M. Dorigo, "Ant Colony System: A Cooperative Learning approach to the Traveling Salesman Problem," IEEE Transactions on Evoutionery Computation, Vol.1, No.1, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/4235.585892
- T. Rappaort, Wireless Communications: Principle & Practice, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1996.
- S. Funke, "Topological Hole Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks and its Applications," Workshop on Discrete Algorithms and Methods for MOBILE Computing and Communications, pp.44-53, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1145/1080810.1080819
- M. Dorigo and C. Blum, "Ant colony optimization theory:A survey"
- M. Dorigo, V. Maniezzo, and A. Colorni, "Positive FeedBack as a search strategy," Report No. 91-106, Laboratorio di Calcolatori, Dipartimento di Elettronica, Milano, Italy, 1991.
- B. Bullnheimer, R. F. Hartel, and C. Straub, "A New Rank Based Version of the Ant System - A Computational Study," Working Paper No.1, Department of Management of Science, University of Vienna, 1997(4).