- Volume 11 Issue 6
Resource constrained project scheduling problem with multiple resource constraints as well as precedence constraints is well-known as one of the NP-hard problem. Since these problems can't be solved by the deterministic method during reasonable time, the heuristics are generally used for getting a sub-optimal during reasonable time. In this paper, we introduce an efficient genetic algorithm for resource constrained project scheduling problem using crossover which is applying schema theory and real world tournament selection strategy. Experimental results showed that the proposed algorithm is superior to conventional algorithm.
Resource Constrained Project Scheduling;Genetic Algorithm;Schema;Real World Tournament Selection
- J. Kelley, "The critical path method: Resource planning and scheduling," In Muth, J. and G. Thompson, editors, Industrial Scheduling, pp.347-365, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1963.
- J. Blazewicz, "Complexity of computer scheduling algorithms under resource constraints," In Proc. First meeting AFCETSMF on Applied Mathematics, pp.169-178, 1978.
- R. Alvarez-Valdes and J. Tamarit, "Heuristic algorithms for resource constrained project scheduling: A review and an empirical analysis," In Slowinski, R. and J. Weglarz, editors, Advances in Project Scheduling, pp.113-134, Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam, 1989.
- H. J. Holland, "Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems," University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, 1975.
- R. Cheng, M. Gen, and Y. Tsujimura, "A tutorial survey of job-shop scheduling problems using genetic algorithms: part I. Representation," International Journal of Computers and Industrial Engineering, Vol.30, No.4, pp.983-997, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-8352(96)00047-2
- R. Cheng and M. Gen, "Resource constrained project scheduling problem using genetic algorithms," International Journal of Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing, Vol.3, No.3, pp.273-286, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1080/10798587.1997.10750708
- S. Lee, S. Soak, K. Kim, H. Park, and M. Jeon, "Statistical properties analysis of real world tournament selection in genetic algorithms," Applied Intelligence, Vol.28, No2, pp.195-205, 2008(4). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10489-007-0062-2
- S. Hartmann, "A Competitive Genetic Algorithm for Resource-Constrained Project Scheduling," Naval research logistics, Vol.45, No.7, pp.733-750, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1520-6750(199810)45:7<733::AID-NAV5>3.0.CO;2-C