- Volume 11 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
UCC Cutout Animation Generation using Video Inputs
비디오 입력을 이용한 UCC 컷아웃 애니메이션 생성 기법
- Received : 2011.05.13
- Accepted : 2011.06.15
- Published : 2011.06.28
We propose a novel non-photorealistic rendering technique which generates a cutout animation from a video for UCC. Our method consists of four parts. First, we construct an interactive system to build an articulated character. Second, we extract motions from an input video. Third, we transform motions of a character in order to reflect characteristics of cutout animations. Fourth, we render the extracted or transformed components in cutout animation style. We developed a unified system for a user to easily create a cutout animation from an input video and showed the system generated a cutout animation efficiently.
Cutout Animation;Non-photorealistic Rendering;Video Contents;Articulated Character
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 손영선, "유리 놀슈테인(Yuri Norstein)의Cut-out Animation에 관한 연구", 석사논문, 숙명여대 디자인대학원, 2006.
- 오송이, "컷아웃 애니메이션 제작 기법에 관한 작품 연구 : 단편 애니메이션 작품 <在자re>를 중심으로", 석사논문, 세종대 공연예술대학원, 2005.
- C. Barnes, D. E. Jacobs, J. Sanders, D. B Goldman, S. Rusinkiewicz, A. Finkelstein, and M. Agrawala. "Video puppetry: a performative interface for cutout animation", SIGGRAPH ASIA. 2008.
- J Wang, Y. Xu, H. Shum, and M. F. Cohen, "Video tooning," SIGGRAPH, 2004.
- A. Agarwala, "SnakeToonz: a semi-automatic approach to creating cel animation from video," NPAR, 2002.
- B. D. Lucas and T. Kanade, "An iterative image registration technique with an application to stereo vision," In Proc. 7th international joint conference on Artificial intelligence, pp.674-679, 1981.
- C. Harris and M. J. Stephens, "A combined corner and edge detector," Alvey Vision Conference, pp.147-152, 1988.
- D. G. Lowe, "Object recognition from local scale-invariant features," IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, p.1150, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCV.1999.790410
- E. N. Mortensen and W. A. Barrett, "Intelligent scissors for image composition," SIGGRAPH, pp.191-198, 1995.
- D. Comaniciu, V. Ramesh, and P. Meer, "Real-time tracking of non-rigid objects using mean shift," In Proc. IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, p.2142, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/CVPR.2000.854761
- K. Perlin, "An image synthesizer," SIGGRAPH, Vol.19, No.3, pp.287-296, 1985. https://doi.org/10.1145/325165.325247
- C. Tomasi and S. Jianbo, "Good features to track," In Proc. IEEE Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp.593-600, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/CVPR.1994.323794
- S. B. Kang, R. Szeliski, and H. Y. Shum. "A parallel feature tracker for extended image sequences," Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.67, No.3, pp.296-310, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1006/cviu.1996.0519
- J. M. Ready and C. N. Taylor, GPU Acceleration of Real-time Feature Based Algorithms, IEEE Workshop on Motion and Video Computing, p.8, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/WMVC.2007.17
- S. N. Sinha, J.-M. Frahm, M. Pollefeys, and Y. Genc, "GPU-based Video Feature Tracking And Matching," IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 2006.