- Volume 20 Issue 8
The covered stream of cities are considered an odor source. Also, the public do not want a wastewater treatment plant(WWTP) near their properties due to the emission of odor emanating from such sources, although they play an important role in urban development. The purpose of this study is to analyze the pattern distribution of the odorous compounds from the Nambu WWTP and Youngho stream in Busan. odor sampled four times were analyzed by instrumental analysis method and indirect olfactory method. The kinds of offensive odorous compounds examined are acetaldehyde, propion aldehyde, hydrogen sulfide, methyl mercaptan, dimethyl sulfide and ammonia. Also, Concentration of air pollutants has been calculated by ISCST3 models. At the result of this study, The Nambu WWTP releases sulfur compounds. And the major odorous were hydrogen sulfide (1,475 ppb) and acetaldehyde (95 ppb) at Youngho stream. The stink which residents feel will point out the Nambu WWTP mainly if the odor is removed with the improvement of a Youngho stream. Accordingly, we should pay more attention to appropriate components to processes in odor reducing plan at Nambu WWTP.
Identify cause of odor;Complex odor;Wastewater treatment plant;Stream;ISCST3
- 국립환경연구원, 2002, 악취배출원의 배출계수 개발 및 Inventory 작성과 배출량 산정연구, 1차년도 연구보고서.
- 김종국, 2003, 점토광물을 이용한 악취제거에 관한 연구, 대한환경공학회지, 25, 1311-1317.
- 김주인, 박정옥, 빈재훈, 2005, 부산지역 하천 주변의 악취발생 현황에 관한 연구, 보건환경연구원보, 15(1), 175-184.
- 박종문, 금근호, 2004, 혐기성 처리, DICER Techinfo Part 1, 3(10), 150-164.
- 신건철, 2009, 합류식하수도 악취저감방안에 관한 연구, 석사학위논문, 서울산업대학교.
- 전의찬, 사재환, 김선태, 홍지형, 김기현, 2006, 생활악취 배출원의 악취 배출 특성 연구: 하수처리장을 중심으로, 한국대기환경학회지, 22(3), 337-351.
- 정상진, 2003, ISC 모델의 적용성평가- 소각장 주변지역의 단기농도예측, 한국환경과학회지, 12(7), 809-816. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2003.12.7.809
- Dincer, F., Muezzinoglu, A., 2006, Chemical characterization of odor due to some industrial and urban facilities in Izmir Turkey, Atmospheric Environment, 40, 4210-4219. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2005.12.067
- Karppinen, A., Kukkonen, J., Elolahde, T., Konttinen M., Koskentalo, T., 2000, A Modeling system for predicting urban air pollution : comparison of model predictions with the data of an urban measurement network in Helsink, Atmospheric Environment, 34, 3735-3743. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1352-2310(00)00073-X
- Kumar, A., Bellam, N., Sud, A., 1999, Performance of an industrial source complex model : predicting long-term concentrations in an urban area, Environmental Pregress, 18(2), 93-100. https://doi.org/10.1002/ep.670180213
- Micone, P. G., Guy, C., 2007, odor quantification by a sensor array : An application to landfill gas odors from two different municipal waste treatment works, Sensors and Actuators B, 120, 628-637. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2006.03.026
- Willmott, C. J., 1981, On the validation of models, Physical Geography, 2, 184-194.
- Removal Efficiency of the Deodorization Equipment and Characteristics of Malodor during the Process in Co-treatment of Sewage and Food Waste of Su-young Wastewater Treatment Plant in Busan vol.18, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.8.953