- Volume 40 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Effect of Sword Bean Chunggukjang Addition on Quality of Kochujang
작두콩 청국장 첨가 고추장의 품질 특성
- Chang, Moon-Ik (Korea Food & Drug Adminstration) ;
- Kim, Jae-Young (Food Safety Evaluation Department, National Institute of Food & Drug Safety Evaluation, Korea Food & Drug Adminstration) ;
- Kim, Seong-Jo (Dept. of Food and Environmental Sciences, Wonkwang University) ;
- Baek, Seung-Hwa (Dept. of Biofood Science and Biotechnology, Chungbuk Provincial University)
- Received : 2011.07.08
- Accepted : 2011.08.02
- Published : 2011.09.30
This research aimed to determine the quality characteristics of kochujang made of sword bean chunggukjang. The effects of chunggukjang addition were compared in products fermented for 90 days. During the fermentation period of kochujang, sword bean chunggukjang was added at 0, 2, 5, 8, and 10%. The moisture content ranged from 40.24 to 42.83% (w/w). After 90 days of fermentation, sodium chloride was at around 10.2 to 10.3%, which was not much different from that of control kochujang (SBC 0) before and after fermentation. The color values were not significantly different between SBC kochujang and traditional kochujang. The microbial counts in 0, 2, 5, 8, and 10% SBC kochujang fermented for 90 days were around
- Kim CM, Shin MG, Ahn DG, Lee KS. 1997. Great dictionary of Chinese medicinal plant. Jungdam Press, Seoul, Korea. p 1029-1032.
- Lee SJ. 1994. Bonchogangmok. Eusungdang Press, Seoul, Korea. p 585.
- National Rural Living Science Institute. 1996. Food composition table. RDA, Suwon, Korea. p 324.
- Lee YL, Kim SH, Choung NH, Yim MH. 1992. A study on the production of viscous substance during Chungkookjang fermentation. J Kor Agric Chem Soc 35: 202-209.
- In JP, Lee SK, Ahn BK, Chung IM, Jang CH. 2002. Flavor improvement of Chungkookjang by addition of yucca (Yucca shidigera) extract. Korean J Food Sci Technol 34: 57-64.
- Na SE, Seo KS, Choi JH, Song GS, Choi DS. 1997. Preparation of low salt and functional Kochujang containing chitosan. Korean J Food Nutr 10: 193-200.
- Chung SH, Suh HJ, Choi YM, Noh DO, Bae SH. 1999. Enzyme activities and inhibitory effect on angiotensin converting enzyme of Monascus-Koji for the Kochujang production. Food Sci Biotechnol 8: 179-183.
- Park KY, Kong KR, Jung KO, Rhee SH. 2001. Inhibitory effects of Kochujang extracts on the tumor formation and lung metastasis in mice. J Food Sci Nutr 6: 187-191.
- Kim YS, Park YS, Lim MH. 2003. Antimicrobial activity of Prunus mume and Schizandra chinenis H-20 extracts and their effects on quality of functional Kochujang. Korean J Food Sci Technol 35: 893-897.
- Son BK, Huh YE, Kim JY, Noh GW, Lee SS. 2006. An evaluation of changes in the allergenicity of Kochujang upon preparation using aloe extract. Korean J Nutr 9: 317-322.
- Koo BS, Seong SH, Kown DY, Sohn HS, Cha YS. 2008. Fermented Kochujang supplement shows anti-obesity effects by controlling lipid metabolism in C57BL/6J mice fed high fat diet. Food Sci Biotechnol 17: 336-342.
- AOAC. 1995. Official methods of analysis. 16th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA. p 69-74.
- Miller GL. 1959. Use of dinitrosalicylic acid reagent for determination reducing sugar. Anal Chem 31: 426-428. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60147a030
- Ha SD. 1996. Evaluation of dryfilm method for isolation of microorganisms from foods. J Microbiol Biotechn 24: 178-184.
- KFDA. 2010. Food code . Korea Food and Drug Administration, Cheongwon-gun, Korea. p 10.3.40-41.
- Lee CH, Chae KS, Lee SK, Park BS. 1982. Quality managements in food industry. Yoorim Munwha Press, Seoul, Korea. p 43.
- Choi JY, Lee TS, Noh BS. 2000. Quality characteristics of the Kochujang prepared with mixture of Meju and Koji during fermentation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 32: 125-131.
- Kim DH, Kwon YM. 2001. Effect of storage conditions on the microbiological and physicochemical characteristics of traditional Kochujang. Korean J Food Sci Technol 33: 589-595.
- Kwon DJ. 2004. Quality improvement of Kochujang using Cordyceps sp. Korean J Food Sci Technol 36: 81-85.
- Kim YG, Shin DH, Jeong DY. 1999. Studies on the chemical composition and properties of traditional Kochujang at Sunchang region. Bulletin of the Agricultural College, Chonbuk National University 30: 48-59.
- Kwon YM, Kim DH. 2002. Effects of sea tangle and chitosan on the physicochemical properties of traditional Kochujang. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 31: 977-985. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2002.31.6.977
- Lee KH, Lee MS, Park SO. 1976. Studies on the microflora and enzymes influencing on Korea native Kochuzang (redpepper soybean paste) aging. J Kor Agric Chem Soc 19: 82-92.
- Kim DH. 2005. Fermentation characteristics of low salted Kochujang prepared with mixture of sub-materials. Korean J Food Sci Technol 37: 449-455.
- Kim DH, Choi HJ. 2003. Physicochemical properties of Kochujang prepared by Bacillus sp. Koji. Korean J Food Sci Technol 35: 1174-1181.
- Bang HY, Park MH, Kim GH. 2004. Quality characteristics of Kochujang prepared with Paecilomyces japonica from silkworm. Korean J Food Sci Technol 36: 44-49.
- Kyung KH, Park SK, Yoo YJ. 1987. A new evaluation of browning reactions of Korean traditional soy sauce mash during fermentation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 19: 446-450.
- Park SK, Kyung KH. 1986. Pigment-forming bacteria in the presence of L-tyrosine and their possible role in the browning of fermented soybean products. Korean J Food Sci Technol 18: 367-381.
- Kim JO, Lee KH. 1994. Effect of temperature on color and color-preference of industry-produced Kochujang during storage. J Korean Soc Food Nutr 23: 641-646.
- Lee KY, Kim HS, Lee HG, Han O, Chang UJ. 1997. Studies on the prediction of the shelf-life of Kochujang through the physicochemical and sensory analyses during storage. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 26: 588-594.
- Shin DH, Kim DH, Choi U, Lim DK, Lim MS. 1996. Studies on the physicochemical characteristics of traditional Kochujang. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28: 157-161.
- Kim DH, Ahn BY, Park BH. 2003. Effect of Lycium chinense fruit on the physicochemical properties of Kochujang. Korean J Food Sci Technol 35: 461-469.
- Oh HI, Park JM. 1997. Changes in microflora and enzyme activities of traditional Kochujang prepared with a Meju of different fermentation period during aging. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29: 1158-1165.
- Jung YC, Choi WJ, Oh NS, Han MS. 1996. Distribution and physiological characteristics of yeasts in traditional and commercial Kochujang. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28: 253-259.
- KFDA. 2010. Food code . Korea Food and Drug Administration, Cheongwon-gun, Korea. p 2.1.8-9.
- Antioxidant, Tyrosinase Inhibitory, and Anti-proliferative Activities of Gochujang Added with Cheonggukjang Powder Made from Sword Bean vol.45, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2013.45.2.221
- Isoflavonoid Contents, Antibacterial Activities, and Physiological Activities of Cheonggukjang Made from Sword Bean vol.41, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.2.174
- Analysis of Quality State for Gochujang Produced by Regional Rural Families vol.43, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.7.1088
- Effect of Cheonggukjang Made from Sword Bean on Serum Lipid Profile and Tissue Change in Rats vol.56, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2013.035
- Analysis of Quality Characteristics of Traditional and Commercial Red Pepper Pastes (Gochujang) vol.33, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2017.33.2.137