- Volume 14 Issue 3
Learning Style, Self-leadership and Team Performance in the Cooperative Learning of Engineering College Students
공대생들의 협동학습에서 학습양식유형 및 셀프리더십과 팀 수행
- Received : 2011.01.18
- Accepted : 2011.05.13
- Published : 2011.05.31
This study was conducted to compare the learning styles and self-leadership between engineering college students with high and low team performance records. About 70% of students in high team performance group showed learning styles of converger and accommodator, whereas about 67% of students in low team performance group showed learning styles of accommodator and diverger. In regard to self-leadership, high team performance group showed higher level of self-leadership, especially self-observation, self-punishment, natural reward strategies, visualizing successful performance, self-talk, and evaluating beliefs and assumptions. It is recommended to provide the engineering students with the specialized training program to complement their learning styles and self-leadership strategies.
learning style;self-leadership;engineering college student;team performance
- 김민정 (2007). 대학생의 셀프 리더십 개발에 영향을 미치는 학습자 변인 연구. 이화여자대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 김현서 (2003). 협동학습에 대한 메타분석. 경인대 학교 교육대학원 석사학위논문.
- 신용국 (2008). 셀프리더십 척도(Revised Self-Leadership Questionnaire) 타당화 연구: 우리나라 대학생을 중심으로. 호서대학교 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 이민정 (2002). 협동학습이 학업성취에 미치는 효과에 관한 메타분석. 연세대학교 교육대학원 석사학위논문.
- 임지영 (2009). 공대생들의 진로발달의 이차원적 유형화에 따른 셀프리더십과 자기효능감. 공학교육연구, 12(3): 13-20.
- 전현경 (2002). 학습양식과 대학전공과의 상관연구. 연세대학교 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 정문성, 김동일 (1998). 열린 교육을 위한 협동학습의 이론과 실제. 서울:형설출판사.
- Dyrud, M. A. (1999). Getting a Grip on Groups, ASEE Annual Conference Proceednings, Session 3230.
- Houghton, J. D., & Neck, C. P. (2002). The Revised Self-Leadership Questionnaire: Testing a hierarchical factor structure for self-leadership. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 17(8): 672-691. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940210450484
- Katz, N. (1988). Individual learning style: Israeli norms and cross-cultural equivalence of Kolb's Learning Style Inventory. Journal of Cross-cultural Psychology, 19: 361- 379. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022022188193005
- Kolb, D. A. (1981). Learning styles and disciplinary differences. In A. W. Chickering and Associates(Eds.). The Modern American Collge. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Manz, C. C. (1986). Self-Leadership toward and Expanded Theory of Self-Influence Process in Organization. Academy of Management Review, 11(3): 585-600.
- Manz, C. C. (1990). The Art of Self-Leadership. Executive Excellence, 7(8): 7-8.
- Manz, C. C. & Neck, C. P. (2004). Mastering Self- Leadership: Empowering Yourself for Personal Excellence, 3rd ed. Pearson Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River:NJ.
- Manz, C. C. & Sims, H. P. Jr. (1980). Self-Management as a Substitute for Leadership: A Social Learning Perspective. Academy of Management Review, 5(3): 361-367.
- Manz, C. C. & Sims, H. P. Jr. (2001). New Superleadership: Leading Others to Lead Themselves. Berrett_koehler, San Francisco:CA.
- Neck, C. P. & Houghton, J. D. (2006). Two Decades of Self-Leadership Theory and Research. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 21(4): 270-295. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940610663097
- Neck, C. P. & Manz, C. C. (1996). Thought self-leadership: the impact of self-talk and mental imagery on performance. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 12: 681-699.
- Neck, C. P., Stewart, G. W., & Manz, C. C. (1995). Thought self-leadership as a framework for enhancing the performance of performance appraises. Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 31(3): 278-302. https://doi.org/10.1177/0021886395313004
- Reading-Brown, M., & Heyden, R. (1980). Correlates of college learning styles: a preliminary study. Paper presented at the Third Annual Conference of Eastern Educational Research Association, Norfolk, VA.
- Wynd, W. R., & Bozman, C. S. (1996). Student learning style: A segmentation strategy for higher education. Journal of Education for Business, 781: 232-236.