- Volume 14 Issue 3
Development of a Creative Robot School Program for Motivating Elementary School Students
- Jung, Seul (Intelligent Systems and Emotional Engineering Laboratory, Department of Mechatronics Engineering Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2010.12.16
- Accepted : 2011.02.15
- Published : 2011.05.31
This article presents program development and analysis of a creative robot school for elementary school at the local university. The purpose of opening the creative robot school is to give motivation to children for having interests in science and engineering at their young ages. The creative robot school program is developed by using facilities of a local university to spread scientific knowledge to young children in their communities to draw their interests in science as well as an engineering field for future careers. Since the robot system is a popular subject to draw attention of children and has a relation with Mechatronics Engineering, a program related with robots is selected for educating children. College students are also involved in helping children to build robots within a given time. Experiences and self-evaluations from the previously held creative robot schools at Chungnam National University(CNU) are presented to share with.
Creative robot school;community service;knowledge transfer;Mechatronics engineering
Supported by : The Ministry Of Education, Science And Technology
- "ASIMO", http://world.honda.com/ASIMO.
- "HUBO", http://ohzlab.kaist.ac.kr.
- Jeon, P. W., Jang, P. S., Joo, B. K., Cho, K. H., and Jung, S.(200), "Boxing robot design for mechatronics education", Korea Control Conference: 330-334.
- Kim, S. S. and Jung, S.(2008), "Control experiment of a wheel-driven mobile inverted pendulum using neural network", IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, 16(2): 297-303. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2007.903396
- Jung, S., Ahn, J. K., Lee, S. J., and Park, J. H.(2009), "Development of Robot Education Program of Creative Robot School for Children", URAI: 264-268.
- Kang, D. K.(2010), "A Case Study of Puzzle Solving Applied to Programming Practice", Journal of Engineering Education Research, 13(2): 3-6.
- Shim, J. H.(2010), "Capstone Design Project by Team Activities", Journal of Engineering Education Research, 13(2): 33-37.