- Volume 14 Issue 5
Development of the Elements of Teamwork Skill for Engineering Students
공학계열 학생들의 팀웍 스킬 구성요소 개발
- Han, Ji-Young (Accreditation Board for Education, University of Seoul) ;
- Bang, Jae-Hyun (Department of Agricultural and Vocational Education, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2011.05.18
- Accepted : 2011.07.19
- Published : 2011.09.30
This study had a purpose to investigate elements of teamwork skill for engineering students. For this, literature review and delphi method were used. The delphi survey was conducted with 20 experts consisting of experts in engineering, education, and industry field. 22 elements of teamwork skill for engineering students were finally developed. Teamwork skill included knowledge, skill, and attitude for engineering students. Further, the results of this study present a guideline to develop teamwork skill in engineering education.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 김명소․한영석(2010). 팀웍 역량의 구성요인 탐색 및 진단도구 개발: 남녀 대학생을 중심으로. 한국심리학회지 여성, 15(1): 129-153.
- 박도순(2001). 교육연구방법론. 서울: 문음사.
- 안용식 외(2007). 공학교육을 위한 팀워크 guidebook. 서울:제이앤씨.
- 윤우제(2007). 개인의 팀웍 스킬 척도 개발 및 타당화 연구. 성균관대학교 대학원, 미출판 석사학위논문.
- 주인중 외(2010). IT분야 공학교육인증 이수자의 실무역량에 대한 기업과 졸업생 인식 비교. 직업교육연구, 29(1): 121-137.
- 최유현(2008). 공학기술과 팀워크. 고양: 지호출판사.
- Belbin, R. M.(2010). Team roles at work. London: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Brewer, W., & Mendelson, M. I.(2003). Methodology and metrics for assessing team effectiveness. International Journal of Engineering Education, 19(6), 777-787.
- Cannon-Bower et al.(1995). Defining competencies and establishing team training requirements. In Guzzo, R. A,, Salas, E & Associate. (Eds), Team effectiveness and decision making in organizations. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Chin, S. K.(2008). A structured assessment framework for teamwork. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition.
- Fredrick, T. A.(2008). Facilitating better teamwork: Analyzing the challenges and strategies of classroom-based collaboration. Business Communication Quarterly, 71, 439-455. https://doi.org/10.1177/1080569908325860
- Gentili et al.(1997). A process oriented class in engineering design: How it works. 1997 Frontiers in Education Conference, pp. 972-980.
- Griffin et al.(2001). Job satisfaction and teamwork: The role of supervisor support. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 22, 537-550.
- Harris, W. B.(1988). The team performance model. In Team Building: Blueprints for Productivity and Satisfaction, pp. 45-61.
- Hoegl, M., & Gemuenden, H. G.(2001). Teamwork Quality and the success of innovative projects: A theoretical concept and empirical evidence. Organization Science, 12(4), 435-449. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.12.4.435.10635
- Jones, P.(1988). Empowered teams in the classroom can work. IEEE trans. Edu., 37, 207-211.
- Leiffer et al.(2005). Five curriculum toolsto enhance interdisciplinary teamwork. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition.
- Levi, D.(2011). Group Dynamics for Teams(3rd). CA: Sage.
- Levi, D., & Cadiz, D.(1998). Evaluating Team Work on Student Project: The Use of Behaviorally Anchored Scales To Evaluate Student Performance. East Lansing, MI: National Center for Research on Teacher Learning(ERIC) Document Reproduction Service No. TM029122.
- Lawshe, C. H.(1975). A quantitative approach to content validity. Personnel Psychology, 28(4), 563-575. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1975.tb01393.x
- Marshall et al.(2005). Teamwork Skills: Assessment and Instruction. Innovation in Instructional Technology. 131-155.
- McGourty, J., & DeMeuse, K. P.(2000). The Team Developer: A Skill Building and Feedback Program. NY: Wiley.
- Mohrman et al.(1995). Designing team-based organizations: New forms for knowledge work. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Morgan et al.(1986). Measurement of team behaviors in a Navy environment (Tech. Rep.). Orlando, FL: Naval Training Systems Center.
- O'Neil et al.(1999). Draft final report for validation of teamwork skills questionnaire using computer-based teamwork simulation. Los Angeles: University of California, National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing.
- Paris et al.(2000). Teamwork in multi-person systems: A review and analysis. Ergonomics. 43(8), 1052-1075. https://doi.org/10.1080/00140130050084879
- Perusich, K. et al.(2007). Assessing Teamwork for Accreditation: Understanding What Needs to be Known and Its Integration into Engineering and Technology Curricula. 37th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, pp.T3E-1-5.
- Salas et al.(2005). Is there a "big five" in teamwork?. Small Group Research, 36(5), 555-599. https://doi.org/10.1177/1046496405277134
- Steven, M. J., & Campion, M. A.(1994). The knowledge, skill, and ability requirements for teamwork: implications for human resource management. Journal of Management, 20(2). 503-530.
- Thompson, R. S.(2000). A Repeated Measures Design for Assessment of Critical Team Skills in Multidisciplinary Teams. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition.
- Winter, M., & McCalla, G.(2003). An analysis of group performance in terms of the functional knowledge and teamwork skills of group members. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition.