- Volume 14 Issue 6
Method of Curriculum System Design and Documentation Including General Education, MSC, and Engineering Design at Chosun University
- Go, Hyun-Sun (Innovation Center for Engineering Education, Chosun University) ;
- Park, Gil-Moon (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun University)
- Received : 2011.08.30
- Accepted : 2011.12.07
- Published : 2011.11.30
The curriculum system and documentation for advanced general education, MSC (Mathematics, Basic Science, Computer Science), and engineering-design courses have been developed to improve the education of advanced undergraduate students in engineering and technology at Chosun University. In this paper, to obtain improved quality of engineering courses, we systemized the education of engineering and technology, which could be designed as the education satisfying students and provide awards for high-quality performance, through efficient management of education courses and establishment of basic and professional courses. In addition, by applying evaluation to the engineering courses and using the model of continuous quality improvement, we could achieve a high-quality education system for the engineering and technology courses.
Supported by : Chosun University
- Accreditation Board for Engineering Education of Korea, "Engineering certification standards(KEC 2005)".
- Chosun University, Engineering Education Self-Assessment Report 2010.
- Woongsup Kim(2011). A Formative Assessment Based Capstone Design Course for Improving Program Learning Outcomes. Joural of Engineering Education Research, 13(1): 62-69.
- Sung-Ku Cho, Eue-Su Lee, Yong-Han Lee, Myoung-Chun Lee, Se-Kyoung Youm(2008). Activation Strategy of Engineering Interdisciplinary Design through Abroad Case. Joural of Engineering Education Research, 11(1): 117-125. https://doi.org/10.18108/jeer.2008.11.1.117
- Cha Sung Woon, Kim Dae-eun, Lee Soo-hong, Lee Kyung Soo and Kim Minsoo(2007). Engineering Design Education based on Three Essential Design Technology Factors. Joural of Engineering Education Research, 10(4): 5-16.