- Volume 11 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Real Time Textile Animation Using Fuzzy Inference
퍼지추론을 적용한 직물 애니메이션
- Received : 2011.04.20
- Accepted : 2011.07.19
- Published : 2011.09.28
A fuzzy inference technique for real-time textile animation without integration at textile model based Mass-Spring model is introduced. Until now many techniques have used the Mass-Spring model to describe elastically deformable objects like textile. A textile object is able to represent as a deformable surface composed of spring and masses, the movement of textile surface which is analysed through the numerical integration by the fundamental law of dynamics such as Hooke's law. However, the integration methods have 'instability problems' if the explicit Euler's method is applied or 'large amounts of calculation' if the implicit Euler's method is applied. A simple and fast animation technique for Mass-Spring model of a textile with fuzzy inference is proposed. The stabilized simulation result is obtained the state of each mass-point in real-time for the n of mass-points by a relatively simple calculation.
Fuzzy Inference;Textile Animation;Mass-Spring;Linear System;Real-Time Processing
- B. Wang, Z. Wu, Q. Sun, and M. Yuen, "A deformable model of thin flexible surfaces," Proc. of WSCG'98, pp.440-446, 1998.
- D. Baraff and A. Witkin, "Large Steps in Cloth Simulation," Computer Graphics(Proc. SIGGRAPH), pp.43-54, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1145/280814.280821
- G. Celniker and D. Gossard, "Deformable curve and surface finite-elements for free-form shape design," Computer Graphics(Proc. of SIGGRAPH '91), pp.257-266, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1145/122718.122746
- M. P. Desbrun, P. Schroder, and A. Barr, "Interactive Animation of Structured Deformable Objects," Proceedings of Graphics Interface '9, pp.1-8, 1999.
- B. Eberhardt, A. Weber, and W. Strasser, "A fast, flexible, particle-system model for cloth draping," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, pp.52-59, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/38.536275
- S. Nakamura, "Initial value problems of ordinary differential equations," In Applied Numerical Methods with Software, pp.289-350, Prentice-Hall, 1991.
- X. Provot, "Deformation constraints in a mass-spring model to describe rigid cloth behavior," Proc. of Graphics Interface '95, pp.147-154, 1995.
- P. Volino, M. Courshesnes, and N. Magneant-Thalmann, "Versatile and Efficient Techniques for Simulating Cloth and Other Deformable Objects," In Computer Graphics Proceedings, pp.137-144, New York, 1995(8). https://doi.org/10.1145/218380.218432
- P. Volino, and N. Magneant-Thalmann, "Implicit Midpoint Integration and Adaptive Damping for Efficient Cloth Simulation," Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds, Wiley, 16(3-4), pp.163-175, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/cav.78