- Volume 11 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Improved MPLS-MOB Scheme for Supporting Local and Global Mobility in NGN
차세대네트워크에서 로컬 및 글로벌 이동성 제공을 위한 향상된 MPLS-MOB 방안
- Received : 2011.05.09
- Accepted : 2011.08.10
- Published : 2011.09.28
This paper proposes both global and local mobility management (MM) scheme improved from Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)-based Mobility Management scheme (MPLS-MOB) for seamless service in Next Generation Network (NGN). The proposed scheme adds local MM on the existing MPLS-MOB which supports global MM by processing handover signaling by 2.5 layer switching via Label Switch Path (LSP) of MPLS. We numerically analyze and verify that the proposed scheme has lower handover latency time than the existing ones, such as micro-MM methods using MPLS as well as MIP and an interworking scenario between PMIP and MIP.
Next Generation Network;Mobility Management;MPLS;Handover Latency
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- M. J. Yu, K. Yong. Kim, H. S. Kim, K. S. Cho, and S. G. Choi, "New Mechanism for Global Mobility Management based on MPLS LSP in NGN," Communication and Networking, Vol.119, pp.56-65, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-17587-9_7
- C. Perkins, "IP Mobility Support for IPv4," RFC3344, IETF, 2002(8).
- S. Gundavelli, K. Leung, V. Deverapalli, and B. Patil, "Proxy Mobile IPv6," RFC5213, IETF, 2008(8).
- G. Giaretta, "Interactions between PMIP and MIP: scenarios and related issues," draftieft-netlmm-mip-interactions-04, IETF, 2009(6).
- H. j. Lee, J. Y. Song, S. H. Lee, S. W. Lee, and D. H. Cho, "An Integrated Mobility Management Methods for Mobile IP and SIP in IP based Wireless Data Networks," Wireless Personal Communications, Vol.35, pp.269-287, 2005(11). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-005-6175-1
- M. J. Yu, J. M. Lee, T. M. Um, W. Ryu, B. S. Lee, and S. G. Choi, "A New Mechanism for Seamless Mobility based on MPLS LSP in BcN," IEICE TRANS. COMMUN., Vol.E91-B, pp.593-596, 2008(2). https://doi.org/10.1093/ietcom/e91-b.2.593
- K. Sethom, H. Afifi and G. Pujolle, "Wireless MPLS: A New Layer 2.5 Micro-mobility Scheme," MobiWac '04, Proceedings of the second international workshop on mobility management & wireless access protocols, pp.64-71, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1145/1023783.1023796
- F. M. Chiussi, Denis A. Khotimsky, and Santosh Krishnan, "A Network Architecture for MPLS-based Micro-mobility," WCNC '02, Proceedings of IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, Vol.2, pp.549-555, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/WCNC.2002.993327
- R. Langary, S. Tohme, and G. L. Grand, "Micro Mobile MPLS: A New Scheme for Micro-mobility Management in 3G All-IP Networks," ISCC '05, Proceedings of the 10th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, pp.301-306, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISCC.2005.102
- K. Sethom, H. Afifi, and G, Pujolle, "Wireless MPLS: A New Layer 2.5 Micro-mobility Scheme," MobiWac '04, Proceedings of the second international workshop on mobility management & wireless access protocols, pp.64-71, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1145/1023783.1023796
- K. Xie, V. W. S. Wong, and V. C. M. Leung, "Support of Micro-Mobility in MPLS-Based Wireless Access Networks," IEICE TRANS. COMMUN., Vol.E88-B, pp.2735-2742, 2005(7). https://doi.org/10.1093/ietcom/e88-b.7.2735