- Volume 11 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Comparison on Frequency of Vocal Misuse and Abuse Behavior in Normal and Vocal Nodules Children
정상 아동과 성대 결절 아동의 음성 오용 및 남용 행동의 발생 빈도 비교
- 이무경 (대구보건대학 언어재활과)
- Received : 2011.08.03
- Accepted : 2011.09.16
- Published : 2011.09.28
There have been several studies reporting that vocal misuse and abuse causes voice problems, as well as laryngeal disease such as laryngitis, vocal nodules, vocal polyp. But few researches have investigated amounts or rates of vocal misuse or vocal abuse of patients. Therefore, the author of this study developed measuring device for vocal misuse and abuse behaviors and compared frequency of vocal misuse and abuse behaviors of normal children and children with vocal nodules. The subjects of this study were five normal children and five children with vocal nodules who were male, lower graders of elementary schools(first to third graders). Based on the results of this study, the frequency of the children with vocal nodules in vocal misuse and abuse using was 5,411(
Voice Disorder;Vocal Misuse;Vocal Abuse;Vocal Nodules
- D. R. Boone, S. C. MacFarlane, S. L. Von Berg, and R. I. Zraick, The voice and voice therapy, (8th eds.). Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 2009.
- M. L. Andrews, Manual of Voice treatment: Pediatrics through geriatrics. San Diego: Singular Publishing Group, Inc., 1995.
- B. H. Senturia and F. B. Wilson, "Otorhinolaryngologic findings in children with voice deviation: Preliminary report," Annals of Otology, Rhinology, and Laryngology, Vol.77, pp.1027-1042, 1968. https://doi.org/10.1177/000348946807700603
- R. H. Colton, J. K. Casper, and R. Leonard, Understanding voice problems: A physiological perspective for diagnosis and treatment, (3rd eds.). Baltimore: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2006.
- N. Roy, B. Weinrich, S. D. Gray, K. Tanner, S. W. Toledo, H. Dove, K. Corbin-Lewis, and J. C. Stemple, "Voice amplification versus vocal hygiene instruction for teachers with voice disorders: A treatment outcomes study," Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, Vol.45, pp.625-638, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1044/1092-4388(2002/050)
- E. A. Mann, M. D. McClean, J. Gurevich-Uvena, J. Barkmeier, P. McKenzie-Garner, J. Paffrath, and C. Patow, "The effects of excessive vocalization on acoustic and videostroboscopic measures of vocal fold condition," Journal of Voice, Vol.13, pp.294-303, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0892-1997(99)80035-6
- M. D. Morrison, H. Nichol, and L. A. Rammage, "Diagnostic criteria in functional dysphonia," Laryngoscope, Vol.94, pp.1-8, 1986.
- E. Smith, M. Taylor, M. Mendoza, J. Lemke, and H. Hoffman, "functional impact of nodules: case-comparison study," Journal of Voice, Vol.12, pp.551-558, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0892-1997(98)80064-7
- K. Wilson, Voice disorders in children, (3rd eds.). Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1987.
- H. V. Von Leden, "Vocal nodules in children," Ear, Nose and Throat Journal, Vol.64, pp.473-480, 1985.
- J. Hirschberg, P. H. Dejonckere, M. Hirano, K. Mori, H. J. Schultz-Coulon, and K. Vrtčkae, "Voice disorder in children," International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. Vol.32, pp.109-125, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-5876(94)01149-R
- D. L. Koschkee and L. Rammage, Voice care in the medical setting. San Diego: Singular Publishing Group, Inc., 1997.
- I. R. Titze, J. Lemke, and D. Montequin, "Population in the U.S. workspace who rely on voice as a primary tool of trade: A preliminary report," Journal of Voice, Vol.11, pp.254-259, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0892-1997(97)80002-1
- W. S. Brown, B. Partin, and M. A. Crary, Organic voice disorders: Assessment and treatment. San Diego: Singular Publishing Group, Inc., 1996.
- J. C. Stemple, Voice therapy: Clinical studies. St. Louis: Mosby-Year Book, 1993.
- A. E. Aronson, and D. M. Bless, Clinical voice disorders, (4th eds). New York: Thieme Medical Publishers, Inc., 2009.
- R. T. Sataloff, "The professional singer: Science and art of clinical care," American Journal of Otolaryngology, Vol.2, pp.251-266, 1981. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0196-0709(81)80022-1
- E. Vilkman, "Voice problems at work: A challenge for occupational safety and health arrangement," Folia Phoniatrica Logopaedia, Vol.52, pp.120-125, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1159/000021519
- 이무경, "휴대용 피드백 도구의 사용이 과기능적 음성 행동의 발생빈도에 미치는 영향," 말소리와 음성과학, 제1권, 제2호, pp.31-36, 2009.
- Z. Milutinovic, "Social environment and incidence of voice disturbances in children," Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedica, Vol.46, pp.135-143. 1994. https://doi.org/10.1159/000266305
- T. Masuda, Y. Ikeda, H. Manako, and S. Komiyama, "Analysis of vocal abuse: Fluctuations in phonation time and intensity in 4 groups of speakers," Acta Oto-Laryngologica, Vol.113, pp.547-599, 1993. https://doi.org/10.3109/00016489309135861
- The Effects of Vocal Relaxation Training on Voice Improvement of Children with Vocal Nodules vol.4, pp.4, 2012, https://doi.org/10.13064/KSSS.2012.4.4.147
- Difference in Voice Parameters of MDVP and Praat Programs according to Severity of Voice Disorders in Vocal Nodule vol.6, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13064/KSSS.2014.6.2.107