- Volume 27 Issue 2
The fact that Herbart's education has realized in the educational context the Kant's theory of transcendental education by applying Kant's transcendentalism to education is of great significance for education. It also provides an implication for mathematics education that Herbart's education of mathematics education can be applied to mathematics education through an attempt to combine a practical ethics education and an aesthetic emotion education with mathematics education. Both Kant and Herbart clearly show that an only practical, aesthetic education would not exist as a solely theoretical mathematics education cannot. Therefore, these multi-dimensional aspects of mathematics education should be always considered as a whole although there could be a difference in importance among those aspects. It implies that, regardless of the environments for mathematics education, mathematics teachers and students must do mathematics education activities that take into consideration the humanity in its entirety. The theory of mathematics education based on Herbart's education reveals that the entireness of human being should not be neglected in any case. In this regard, Herbart's theory of education shows that mathematics education is an all-inclusive theory of mathematics education that embraces both phenomenon and transcendence.
- 김창환, 헤르바르트: 실천으로서의 교육학, 서울: 문음사(2002) .
- 이환기, 헤르바르트의 교수이론, 서울 교육과학사(1997).
- 한대희(2000), "인간교육으로서의 수학교육", 서울대학교 박사학위논문.
- Boyd, William, The History of Western education(1964), 李烘雨, 朴在文, 柳漢九共譯, 西洋敎育史, 敎育科學社(1983).
- Ernest, P. The Philosophy of Mathematics Education. The Falmer Press. (1991).
- Jacobs, H. R. Mathematics, A Human Endeavor : A Textbook for Those Who Think They don't Like the Subject. Freeman and Company.(1970).
- Herbart, Johann Friedrich, Eckoff W.J (trans) The Ideal of Pestalozzi, ABC of sense-perception, D. Appleton and company(1802),
- Herbart, Johann Friedrich, Padagogische Schriften. Bd. 1. hg. von Walter Asmus. Stuttgart.(1891)
- Herbart, Johann Friedrich: Pädagogische Schriften. Bd. 2. hg. von Walter Asmus. Stuttgart.(1982)
- Kant, I On Education, Uber Padagogik. in: 'Weischedel-Ausgabe' Bd. 6, S. 691-761(1803).김안중 역, mimeograph.
- Kant, Immanuel(1787), Kritik der reinen Vernunft, 田元培譯, 純粹理性批判 삼성출판사(1984).
- Korner, Stephan, Kant, 김안중 역, mimeograph(1979).
- Schott, Robin May, Cognition and eros : a critique of the Kantian paradigm (1989), 허라금;최성애 옮김, 인식과 에로스 : 칸트적 패러다임에 대한 비판, 이화여자대학교 출판부(1999).
- Steffe, L. P. Inconsistencies and Cognitive Conflict: A Constructivist's View. Focus on Learning Problems in Mathematics, Vol. 12, N0. 3 & 4, 99-109. Cambridge University Press.(1990).
- Von Glasersfeld, E. Learning as a constructive Activity. In C. Janvier(Ed.), Problems of Representation in the Teaching and Learning of Mathematics (pp. 3-17). Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc., Publishers.(1987).
- Lamprecht, Sterling Power(1992), Our philosophical traditions: a brief history of philosophy in Western civilization, Wissenschaftslehre