- Volume 25 Issue 4
Little design data is available for the creep life prediction of 9% Ni alloy in elevated temperatures. Therefore, in this study, a series of creep tests under 16 combined conditions with 4 kinds of stresses and 4 temperatures was performed to obtain creep design and life prediction data for 9% Ni alloy, with the following results. The stress exponents decreased as the test temperature increased. The creep activation energy gradually decreased as the stresses became larger. The Larson-Miller parameter (LMP) constant for this alloy was estimated to be about 2.
Creep;Elevated temperature;Larson-Miller parameter;Life prediction;Activation energy
- ASM Metals handbook (1985). 9th ed. Vol 8, pp 299-342.
- Baek, U.B. Nahm, S.H. Suh, C.M. and Yoon, K.B. (1994). "A Study on Initial Transient Behavior in Creep-Fatigue Crack Growth", Trans. of KSME, Vol 18, No 7, pp 1722-1729.
- Baek, U.B. Yoon, K.B. Lee, H.M. and Suh, C.M. (2000). "Creep- Fatigue Crack Growth at Cr-Mo Steel Weld Interface", Trans. of KSME, A, Vol 24, No 12, pp 3088-3095.
- Bradley, W.L. Nam, S.W. and Matlock, D.K. (1976). "Fatigue and Creep of Pure Aluminum at Ambient Temperatures", Met. Trans, 7A, pp 425-430.
- Cuddy, L.J. (1970). "Internal Stresses and Structures Developed during Creep", Met. Trans., Vol 1, pp 395-401. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02811548
- Dorn, J.E. (1956). "Creep and Fracture of Metals at High Temperatures", NPL Symposium, London, H.M.S.O. p 89.
- Garofalo, F. (1965). "Fundamentals of Creep and Creep Rupture in Metals", The Macmillan Co, New York. p 258.
- Garofalo, F. Richmond, O. and Domis, W.F. (1962). "Design of Apparatus for Constant Stress or Constant Load Creep Tests", J. of Basic Eng, June, pp 278-293.
Hwang, K.C. and Yoon, J.H. (2004). "Creep Behaviors of
$\alpha$- Titanium Alloy, The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers", Proc. of Annual Autumn Conference, pp 68-75.
- Hwang, K.C. and Yoon, J.H. (2005). "Static Creep Behaviors of Pure Copper, The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers", Proc. of Annual Spring Conference, pp 950-956.
- Larson, F.R. and Miller, J. (1952). "A Time Temperature Relationship for Rupture and Creep stresses", Transaction of the ASME, pp 765-775.
- Manson, S.S. and Haferd, A.M. (1953). "A Linear Time-Temperature Relation for Extrapolation of Creep and Stress Rupture Data", NASA-TN-2890, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, March.
- Suh, C.M. Lee, S.D. and Cho, I.H. (1988). "Micro-Surface- Cracks Behavior of 304 Stainless Steel under Creep- Fatigue Interaction at Elevated Temperature", J. of Ocean Eng. and Technology, Vol 2, No 2 pp 304-311.