- Volume 25 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Numerical Analysis of Wave-induced Motion of Floating Pendulor Wave Energy Converter
부유식 진자형 파력발전 장치의 파랑운동 수치해석
Nam, Bo-Woo;Hong, Sa-Young;Kim, Ki-Bum;Park, Ji-Yong;Shin, Seung-Ho
- Received : 2011.06.16
- Accepted : 2011.08.16
- Published : 2011.08.31
In this paper, the wave-induced motion characteristics of a floating pendulor are investigated numerically. A floating pendulor is a movable-body-type wave energy converter. This device consists of three main parts (floater, pendulum, and damping plates). In order to obtain the hydrodynamic coefficients and wave exciting forces acting on floating bodies, a higher-order boundary element method (HOBEM) using a wave Green function is applied to the present problems. The hinged motion of a pendulum is simulated by applying the penalty method. In order to obtain a more realistic motion response for a pendulor, numerical body damping is included. First, the wave force and motion characteristics of just a floater are observed with respect to different shape parameters. Then, a coupled analysis of a floater, pendulum, and damping plates is carried out. The relative pitch velocity and wave forces acting on the floating pendulor are compared with those of a fixed pendulor.
Floating pendulor;Wave energy converter;Wave-induced motion;Higher-order boundary element method(HOBEM);Coupling analysis
- 경조현, 홍사영, 홍도천 (2006). "진동수주형 파력발전기의 에너지 흡수효율 해석", 한국해양공학회지, 제20권 제4호, pp 64-69.
- 김병완, 조석규, 홍사영, 양동순 (2010). "부체 연결부의 강성을 고려한 다물체의 파랑응답해석기법", 한국해양과학기술협의회 공동학술대회, pp 2477-2480.
- 김진하, 류재문, 홍도천, 홍석원 (2006). "BBDB형 진동수주 파력 발전장치의 운동 및 파랑표류력 연구", 한국해양공학회지, 제20권 제2호, pp 22-28.
- 양동순, 조병학 (2009). "가변 수주진동장치를 이용한 고효율 파력발전에 관한 연구", 한국해양공학회지, 제23권 제5호, pp 15-24.
- Choi, Y.R., Hong S.Y. and Choi, H.S. (2001). "An Analysis of Second-Order Wave Forces on Floating Bodies by Using a Higher-Order Boundary Element Method", Ocean Engineering, Vol 13, No 5, pp 117-138.
- Hong, D.C. (1987). "On the improved green integral equation applied to the water wave radiation-diffraction problem", J. Soc. of Naval Architects of Korea, Vol 24, No 1, pp 1-8.
- Zalar, M., Diebold, L., Baudin, E., Henry, J. and Chen, X.B. (2007). "Sloshing Effects Accounting for Dynamic Coupling between Vessel and Tank Liquid Motion", Proceedings of the 26th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, San Diego, USA.
- Ultimate Strength Analysis of Connections of Floating Pendulum Wave Energy Converter vol.17, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7846/JKOSMEE.2014.17.1.36
- An Experimental Study on Dynamic Performance of Large Floating Wave-Offshore Hybrid Power Generation Platform in Extreme Conditions vol.19, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7846/JKOSMEE.2016.19.1.7
Grant : 부유식 진자형 파력발전 기술개발 및 실증
Supported by : 해양연구원