- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Setting the Service Reliability Target for Meeting the Punctuality Requirement of the Railroad System
철도시스템 정시성 요구조건을 만족하기 위한 서비스 신뢰도 목표값 설정
- Received : 2010.09.27
- Accepted : 2010.12.08
- Published : 2011.02.26
This article deals with a problem of setting reliability targets of the railroad systems where the punctuality target is given to the operator and a penalty is imposed for the year when the target is not met. The operator should set the reliability targets of the railroad system and sub-systems because the reliability affects the expected number of years when the penalty is imposed. This paper presents a procedure for setting the service reliability target and equations to calculate the expected number of years when the penalty is imposed and the probability that the operator should pay the penalty per year according to the mean kilometer between service failures of the railroad system and sub-systems.
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- D.V. Petkar (1980, Setting up reliability goals for system, Reliability Engineering, 1(1), pp 43-48. https://doi.org/10.1016/0143-8174(80)90013-X
- J.P. Rooney (1983) Setting reliability goals for PROCEDD control instrumentation, Control Engineering, 30(2), pp. 94-96.
- S. Carlier, M. Coindoz, L. Denuville, L. Garbellini, A. Altavilla (1996), Evaluation of reliability, availability, maintainability and safety requirements for manned space vehicles with extended on-orbit stay time, Acta Astraunautca, 38(2), pp. 115-123. https://doi.org/10.1016/0094-5765(96)00006-9
- P.H. Tatry, F. Deneu, L. Simonotti (1997) RAMS approach for reusable launch vehicle advanced studies, Acta Astraunautca, 41(11), pp. 791-797. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0094-5765(97)00194-X
- H.G. Lee, J.H. Choi (2000) A study on the RAM Object Values, Journal of the Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, 3( 1), pp. 220-230.
- I.S Chung, K.W. Lee, J.W. Kim (2008) Study on setting the quantitative RAM goals for rolling stock, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 11(4), pp. 390-397.
- UIC Code 450-2 (2009) Assessment of the performance of the network related to rail traffic operation for the purpose of quality analyses - delay coding and delay cause attribution process
- Z. Vintr, R. Holub (2001) R&M requirements allocation in upgrading a system, Reliability and Maintainability Symposium Annual Proceedings, pp. 258-263.
- A Study on the Quantitative Prediction Model for Setting the Target Value of Service Availability for a LRT Line vol.15, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.3.278
- Requirement Analysis and Development of TCMS vol.14, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.6.507
- Analysis of Operational Issues for ICT-based On-Board Train Control System vol.14, pp.6, 2011, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.6.575