- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Study on a 2-Dimensional Dynamic Modeling Technique to Analyze the Overriding Phenomena of Rollingstock
열차의 타고오름 해석을 위한 2차원 충돌동역학 모델링 기법 연구
- Received : 2010.11.16
- Accepted : 2011.01.12
- Published : 2011.02.26
This paper proposed a new 2-D multi-body dynamic modeling technique to analyze overriding behaviors taking place during train collision. This dynamic model is composed of nonlinear springs, dampers and masses by considering the deformable characteristics of carbodies as well as energy absorbing structures and components. By solving this dynamic model for rollingstock, energy absorbing capacities of collision elements, accelerations of passenger sections, impact forces applied to interconnecting devices, and overriding displacements can be well estimated. For a case study, we chose KHST (Korean High Speed Train), obtained crush characteristic data of each carbody section from 3-D finite element analysis, and established a 2-D multi-body dynamic model. This 2-D dynamic model was simulated under the train-to-train collision scenarios, and evaluated with 3-D virtual testing model. It was founded from the simulation results that this 2-D dynamic model could well predict overriding behaviors, and the modeling technique of carbody deformation was very important in overriding estimation.
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- J.P. Dias, M.S. Pereira (2004) Optimization methods for crash-worthiness design using multibody models, Computers and Structures, 82, pp. 1371-1380. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruc.2004.03.032
- K. Jacobsen, D. Tyrell, B. Perlman (2004) Impact tests of crash energy management passenger rail cars: Analysis and structural measurements, ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress, November 13-19.
- J.F. Milho, J.A.C. Ambrosio, M.F.O.S. Pereira, I.J. Crash (2003) Validated multibody model for train crash analysis, 8(4), pp. 339-352. https://doi.org/10.1533/ijcr.2003.0242
- K.J. Severson, D.C. Tyrell, A.B. Perlman (2003) Collision safety comparison of conventional and crash energy management passenger rail car designs, ASME/IEEE Joint Railroad Conference, April 22-24.
- D. Tyrell, K. Jacobsen, D. Parent, A.B. Perlman (2005) Preparations for a Train-to-Train Impact Test of Crash-Energy Management Passenger Rail Equipment, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, pp. IMECE2005-70045.
- D. Tyrell, K. Severson, A.B. Perlman, R. Rancatore (2002) Train-to-Train Impact Tests: Analysis of Structural Measurements, Proceedings of IMECE, the 2002 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress, and Exposition, November 17-22, New Orleans, Louisiana
- National Transportation Safety Board (2003) Head-On Collision Between BNSF and Metrolink Trains, and Subsequent Derailment, in Placentia, California on April 23, 2002: Factual Report, Survival Factors Issues. DCA-02-MR-004, 2/20/2003
- National Transportation Safety Board (2002) Collision of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Freight Train with Metrolink Passenger Train Placentia, California, Railroad Accident Report NTSB/RAR-03/04. Washington, DC. April 23.
- H.S. Han and J.S. Koo (2003) Simulation of train crashes, Vehicle System Dynamics, 40(6), pp. 435-450. https://doi.org/10.1076/vesd.40.6.435.17906
- Jorge Ambrosio (2005) Crash analysis and dynamical behavior of light road and rail vehicles, Vehicle System Dynamics, 43(6), pp. 385-411. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110500151788
- C. Oyan (1998) Dynamic simulation of Taipei EMU train, Vehicle System Dynamics, 30, pp. 143-167. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423119808969441
- Brite/Euram III (2001) Train Crashworthiness for Europe:BE-3092, SAFETRAIN Final Report, 10/30/2001
- G.Y. Kim, H.J. Cho, J.S. Koo(2008) A Study on Conceptual Design for Crashworthiness of the Next Generation High-speed EMU, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 11(3), pp. 300-310.
- J.S. Koo, S.H. Park, Y.H. Youn, D.S. Kim (1999) Crashworthiness on the full rake of KHST, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Autumn Conference, Korea, pp. 526-533.
- D. Tyrell, E. Martinez, K. Jacobsen (2007) Passenger Cab Car Grade Crossing Impact Test Report, U. S. Department of Transportation, DOT/FRA/ORD-07/24.I, October
- Study on Computational Simulation of a Metro Collision Accident and Improvement of Passive Safety vol.39, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.9.885
- Study on 3-D Simulation for Overriding Evaluation of Urban Train vol.39, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.10.1063
- A Study on Prediction of Overriding Behavior Leading Vehicle in Train Collision vol.40, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.8.711