- Volume 14 Issue 1
Conventional slope stability analysis is focused on calculating minimum factor of safety or maximum probability of failure. To minimize inherent uncertainty of soil properties and analytical model and to reflect various analytical models and its failure shape in slope stability analysis, slope stability analysis method considering simultaneous failure probability for multi failure mode was proposed. Linear programming recently introduced in system reliability analysis was used for calculation of simultaneous failure probability. System reliability analysis for various analytical models could be executed by this method. For application analysis for embankment, the results of this method shows that system stability of embankment calculate quantitatively.
- K.Y. Kim, S.E. Cho (2006) A study on the probabilistic stability analysis of slopes, Journal of KGS, Vol. 22, No. 11, pp. 101-112.
- J.M. Kim (2007) Reliability analysis of slope stability with sampling related uncertainty, Journal of the KGS, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 51-59.
- H.B. Kim, S.H. Lee (2002) A study to develop a practical probabilistic slope stability analysis method, Journal of KGS, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 271-280.
- H.K. Kim, S.S. Kim (2008) Risk assessment of slopes using failure probability in Korean railways, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp.158-164.
- KICT (2003) 2002 Development & operation of cut slopes management system.
- KRRI (2004) A study on the evaluation and countermeasure of stability of railway slopes.
- Ahmed M. Hassan, Thomas F. Wolff (1999) Search algorithm for minimum reliability index of earth slopes, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental eng., Vol. 125, No. 4, pp. 301-308. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0241(1999)125:4(301)
- Ang, T. H-S., W.H. Tang (1984) Probability concepts in engineering planning and design. Volume II: decision, risk and reliability, John Wiley & Sons, New York
- C. Castillo, R. Minguez, E. Castillo, M.A. Losada (2004) An optimal engineering design method with failure rate constraints and sensitivity analysis. Application to composite breakwaters, Coastal Eng., Vol. 53, pp. 1-25.
- W. Charles, A. Dunnett (1955) Multiple comparison procedure for comparing several treatments with a control, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 50(272):1096-1121. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1955.10501294
- T. Hailperin (1965) Best possible inequalities for the probability of a logical function of events, Am. Math. Monthly, Vol. 72, No. 3 pp. 343-359. https://doi.org/10.2307/2313491
- Ioannis E. Zevgolis and Philippe L. Bourdeau (2006) System reliability of cantilever retaining walls with correlated failure modes, Geo-congress 2006.
- J.H. Song, Armen Der Kiureghian (2003) Bounds on system reliability by linear programming, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 129, No. 6, pp. 627-636. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2003)129:6(627)
- Lee W. Abramson, Thomas. S. Lee, Sunil Sharma (2001) Glenn M. Boyce, Slope stability and stabilization methods, 2nd edition, John Wiley & Sons, INC.
- R.N. Chowdhury, D.W. Xu (1994) System reliability with general slip surfaces, Soil and Foundations, Japanese Society of SMFE, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 99-105.
- R.N. Chowdhury, D.W. Xu (1995) Geotechnical system reliability of slopes, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol. 47, pp. 141-151. https://doi.org/10.1016/0951-8320(94)00063-T
- R. Jimenez-Rodriguez, N. Sitar, J. Chacon (2006) System reliability approach to rock slope stability, Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, Vol. 43, pp. 847-859. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrmms.2005.11.011
- T.F. Wolff, A. Hassan, R. Khan, I. Ur-Rasul, M. Miller (1995) Geotechnical reliability of dam and levee embankments, Technical report prepared for U.S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station-Geotechnical Laboratory, Vicksburg, Miss.
- Yoneo Oka, Tien H. Wu (1990) System reliability of slope stability, Journal of Geotechnical Eng., Vol. 116, No. 8, pp. 1185-1189. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1990)116:8(1185)