- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Traffic Safety & Passenger Comforts of a Suspension Bridge Considering Seismic Loads
고속열차 주행 시 지진하중을 고려한 현수교의 주행안전성 및 승차감 분석
- Received : 2010.12.13
- Accepted : 2011.02.09
- Published : 2011.02.26
The estimation of traffic safety and passenger comfort when the train is running on the bridge is a estimation unique to the railway bridge. The standards for such estimation are included in the Eurocode, the Shinkansen design criteria, and the design guideline of the Honam High-speed railway. The items are bridge responses including vertical displacement of bridge, vertical acceleration, and slab twist. In principle, a direct estimation based on the train responses has to take place. However, the estimation based on the bridge responses can be seen as an indirect estimation procedure for the convenience of the bridge designer. First, it is general practice that traffic safety can be verified as a derailment coefficient or wheel load decrement The general method of estimating passenger comfort is to calculate the acceleration within the train car-body. Various international indexes have been presented for this method. In the present study, traffic safety and passenger comforts are estimated directly by bridge/train interaction analysis. The acceleration and wheel load decrement are obtained for the estimation of traffic safety and passenger comforts of a suspension bridge which has main span length of 300m. Also, the consideration of seismic load with simultaneous action of moving train is done for bridge/train/earthquake interaction analysis.
- H. Xia, Y. Han, N. Zhang, W. Guo (2006) Dynamic Analysis of Train-Bridge System subjected to Non-uniform Seismic Excitations, Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics, Vol. 35, pp. 1563-1579. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.594
- Y.B. Yang, Y.S. Wu (2002) Dynamic Stability of Trains Moving over Bridges Shaken by Earthquakes, Journal of Sound & Vibration, 258(1), pp. 65-94. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.2002.5089
- J.D. Yau (2009) Dynamic Response Analysis of Suspended Beams subjected to Moving Vehicles and Multiple Support Excitations, Journal of Sound & Vibration, 325, pp. 907-922. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2009.04.013
- M. Sogabe, M. Ikeda, Y. Yanagisawa (2006) A Study on Train-Running Quality during Earthquake and its Improvement for Railway Long Span Bridge, RTRI Report, 20(11) pp. 47-51.
- S.I. Kim (2000) Train-Bridge Interaction Analysis of High Speed Railway Bridges, Seoul National University Ph.D. Thesis.
- B.G. Jeon, N.S. Kim, S.I. Kim (2008) Estimation of Stiffness Limit for Railway Bridge Vibration Serviceability, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 11(5), pp. 489-498.
- EUROCODE 1 Part 2, "Actions on Structures : General actions - Traffic loads on bridges", European Committee for Standardization.
- S.I. Kim, W.S Chung, E.S. Choi (2005) A Study on the Optimal Span Length Selection of Conventional Railway Bridges considering Resonance Suppression, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 8(2), pp. 128-136.
- Korea Railroad Research Institute (2010) Dynamic Stability Investigation of Special Bridges on Airport Railway, Korea Railroad Technical Corporation.
- Investigation of Resonance Occurrence Conditions by Dynamic Interaction Analysis between Arch bridge and KTX Trains vol.20, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2016.20.2.103
- Field Tests and Resonance Behavior Corresponding to the Damping Ratio of a High Speed Railroad Bridge vol.16, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.4.305