- Volume 14 Issue 1
The purpose of this study is to develop conflict management considering justification of planning decision by public involvement (PI) in the context of Korea as an approach to prevent conflicts for railway projects and to achieve consensus building between public and governments. In this study, to evaluate the effectiveness of conflict management in the process of railway planning, we examined the before and after survey on the light rail transit (LRT) planning that was previously conducted. We first conducted estimation on the causal relationships among factors related to acceptance of LRT planning by structural equation model. The estimation results show that conflict management activities and acceptance are positively related. We also discussed as follows: the level of recognition of railway project influences positive effects regardless of conflict management activities, the most important factor with respect to the acceptance is awareness for planning necessity.
- H. Kim, Y.I. Kwon, B.D. Jung, S.H. Lee (2006) Korean Society of Transportation(The 51th), The Residents' Recognition evaluation about PI of road business.
- J.K. Eom, M.J. Sung, J. Lee, S.M. Park (2010) Analytic Study of the Level of Introducing Bimodal TRAM System, Journal of The Korean Society for Railway, 13(6).
- Y.I. Kwon, et al. (2007) KOTI, The study on guidelines for PI of road business.
- Y.K. Kim, H. Kim (2007) KOTI, How to implement conflict management for railway project.
- Public hearing (2007) KOTI, Goyang Automated Guideway Transit master plan.
- P.M. Allaman, T.J. Tardiff, F.C. Dunbar (1982) New Approaches to Understanding Travel Behavior, NCHRP Report 250. Transportation Research Board, Washington.
- K.A. Bollen (1989) Structural Equations with Latent Variables. Wiley, New York.
- A.K. Den Boon (1980) Opvattingen over Autogrebruik en Milieuvervuiling. Baschwitz Institute for Public Opinion and Mass Psychology, University of Amsterdam.
- R. Dobson, F. Dunbar, C.J. Smith, D. Reibstein, C. Lovelock, (1978) Structural models for the analysis of traveler attitude-behavior relationships. Transportation 7, 351-363. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00168036
- P.K. Lyon (1981a) Time-dependent structural equations modelling of the relationships between attitudes and discrete choices behavior of transportation consumers. Dissertation, Northwestern University and Technical Report IL-11-0012, Office of Policy Research, Urban Mass Transportation Administration, Washington, DC.
- K.G. Jreskog (1970) A general method for analysis of covariance structures. Biometrika 57, 239-251. https://doi.org/10.1093/biomet/57.2.239
- K.G. Jresokog, D. Srbom (1979) Advances in Factor Analysis and Structural Equation Models. Abt Books, Cambridge, MA.
- K.G. Jresokog, D. Srbom (1993) Structural Equation Modeling with the SIMPLIS Command Language LISREL 8 User's Reference Guide: PRELIS2 User's Reference Guide, Scientific Software International, Chicago.
- T.J. Tardiff (1976) Causal inferences involving transportation attitudes and behavior. Transportation Research 11, 397-404.
- US DOT (2002) Public Involvement Techniques for Transportation Decision Making.